Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Chose Barrios Because He Had 'Best Record'; Ramos Was Also In Running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman Chose Barrios Because He Had 'Best Record'; Ramos Was Also In Running

Mario Barrios fit all the criteria that Keith Thurman wanted in an opponent for his ring return. The former welterweight titleholder from Clearwater, Florida will look to break a more than two-and-a-half sabbatical from boxing, when he makes his return against San Antonio's Barrios on Feb. 5 at the Michelob Ultra Arena in Las Vegas. Thurman, 33, has not fought since dropping a close decision to Manny Pacquiao in 2019.
    [Click Here To Read More]

guy who has a padded record and got knocked out by a midget who fights at 135. Checked all the boxes is right
    4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Abel Ramos would've been a better choice.
      specially after his close loss to Ugas.
      Keef shoulda just kept it real and said he picked the easier opponent who just got KO'd by a blown up lightweight.

On another note
      I'm honestly more interested in watching Keef vs Crawford than Crawford / Spence.
      I think it's a better match up.
      Just my opinion.
      ​​​​​
      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Remember when PBC fans would tell you that Thurman was the top fighter at 147 because he beat Porter and Garcia. Now they will tell you Spence is the top guy for beating the same guys. None of these guys get into the HOF, but they sure fooled a lot of people.

Comment

Considering Keef just got beat up by a midget, Manny is as tall as Tank, and much older. I can see it. The hype has to be, but this is where once time belongs.

Comment

Lol! What a huge joke of a ppv main event! Pbc starting off the year in style - Ortiz/Martin and this ridiculous crap of meaningless fight of 2 fighters coming off losses - one a shot boring ex-champ and the other a b-level club type fighter who had average power even for 140. But hey way to stick to the pbc formula - Name Pbc black fighter against a b-level light hitting Hispanic fighter. Any coincidence the 2nd choice(Ramos) perfectly fit the formula as well.
            Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Thurman vs Stanionos will have been good.

Comment

Lmfao

Thurman Chose Barrios Because He Had 'Best Record of the 140lb PBC guys

Fixed it for you

.....joke of a ppv, hope keef gets beat

Comment

I'm not so sure PBC gonna be in the game much longer???
                  ifc ifc Boxingmean Boxingmean like this.

Comment

PBC reminding me of the Seattle Supersonics and HBO Boxing when they was folding up shop...

Comment

Working...
                    X