Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Ball in Canelo's Court on Fighting Joe Smith, Artur Beterbiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Ball in Canelo's Court on Fighting Joe Smith, Artur Beterbiev

Verona, New York - On Saturday night, WBO light heavyweight champion Joe Smith (28-3, 23 KOs) made the first defense of his title with a ninth round stoppage of Steve Geffrard (16-3, 12 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Thuglife Nelo Thuglife Nelo likes this.

At this point I think Canelo can unify 175 too. He has evolved as a boxer, Smith, Beterbiev nor Bibol can beat him. In this era only weight can stop him but I think he can handle 175.
    alexoneness alexoneness likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew LBJ View Post
      At this point I think Canelo can unify 175 too. He has evolved as a boxer, Smith, Beterbiev nor Bibol can beat him. In this era only weight can stop him but I think he can handle 175.
      lol you are delusional. only way he unifies is with the usual corrupt judging that supports him.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

lol you are delusional. only way he unifies is with the usual corrupt judging that supports him.
        stay salty! Benavidez can't help you either. =) the GGG covert fans will never stop chasing ATG Canelo

Comment

I don’t see this happening unless Canelo takes a massive paycut. Bob can’t even make Pac-Crawford. When Pac demanded 40million. And right now Canelo’s standard purse is along that range.

Comment

Arum means he's isn't interested in promoting canelo on any kind of a guarantee basis. As a promoter that's obviously his decision to make.

Matchroom/Dazn aren't going to do it - at least on a single fight basis - as they have Bivol, and I can't see PBC doing it for two fighters not signed with them either.

So probably (hopefully) Beterbiev-Smith next?

Comment

What are you talking about?? His last few fights have been by TKO and not really close.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

What are you talking about?? His last few fights have been by TKO and not really close.

Vs average fighters. Anytime he is up against someone decent corrupt judges bail him out. All he has to do with throw 3 blocked body shots a round and he is awarded the round regardless of what happens.

Comment

If Canelo wants to be the global icon he obviously is trying so hard to become, he needs to fight GGG, Charlo or Beterbiev next. Other than the Canelo sycophants, no one has any more interest in seeing Canelo cherry-picki fights with one limited paper champion after another.
                  Last edited by Roj; 01-16-2022, 07:44 AM.

Comment

what a stupid uninformed comment

dude... you REEK of salt

Beterbiev is the only LHW who could possibly beat Canelo, and most insiders back the fat red kid... look at who trainers are picking

it would be far more accurate to describe the post you replied to as 'possible' rather than 'delusional'

Comment

Working...
                    X