Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Briedis' Promoter Was Shocked By His Boxer's Taunt To Secure Jake Paul Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Briedis' Promoter Was Shocked By His Boxer's Taunt To Secure Jake Paul Clash

Kalle Sauerland, promoter for IBF cruiserweight champion Mairis Briedis, admits he was shocked when his boxer posted a video to social media - which showed the titleholder getting a tattoo to antagonize social media star Jake Paul.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU CALL ME...

Yeah, underrated tatt. Hearn's jealous ofc, still trying to dream/visulaise a starstudded career for lawrence okolie, but we all know he'll get kilt. Hope Breidis gets the fight and some profile.

But in all seriousness. This speaks hugely to a miasmic shift in our culture, and more importantly, the sport we love. The appearance of social media starlets, or whatever they insist on being called, has completely flipped the scenario. Many fighters protest indifference, say that it's good for the sport if it brings attention, but now, we finally have a SERIOUS fighter, of note, to come out and somewhat sacrifice his crredability in a bid to bag the big one. It's a joke. And if any one boxer says they haven't given the whole situation serious thought, they're lying! Probably. It's taken a few things, a bit of a build up. But now we have the breakthrough guy, Jake Paul. Charismatic B*stard. Love him or hate him.

Comment

I believe Jake Paul will never fight him as it is much cooler to be Briedis' impossible dream than fight and lose to him.

Comment

Aye, he's overplayed his hand Briedis. A few years yet before this madman would consider it. And yeah, good call, wouldn't be surprised if he makes a vid over that lol

Comment

Lmao Bredis is good but sauerland knows Jake “problem child” paul is a legend he can get as many tattoos as he wants he can’t fool the anyone. Poor saurland has to say bredis is “jokey”cause he knows if Paul snaps his fingers and grants bredis his wish it’s sleep time for poor maris. His Muay Thai won’t help when the nuclear right hand of Jake goes off

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
            Lmao Bredis is good but sauerland knows Jake “problem child” paul is a legend he can get as many tattoos as he wants he can’t fool the anyone. Poor saurland has to say bredis is “jokey”cause he knows if Paul snaps his fingers and grants bredis his wish it’s sleep time for poor maris. His Muay Thai won’t help when the nuclear right hand of Jake goes off
            When you've got that twitchy MFer covering for you there's got to be something wrong. I think probably they had a little party, Kellie goes hard, Maris new to the game, runs off next morning with bright idea. And like you say, wish, I tthink he just wants to be famous...

but dude...JP elite detonating? caaaam onnnnnnn

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post

When you've got that twitchy MFer covering for you there's got to be something wrong. I think probably they had a little party, Kellie goes hard, Maris new to the game, runs off next morning with bright idea. And like you say, wish, I tthink he just wants to be famous...

but dude...JP elite detonating? caaaam onnnnnnn
              Bru bredis don’t want the countdown of the atomic right hand he”ll be like woodley getting another tattoo but one that says “I luv JP” begging for a rematch like woodley too. Beterbiev been ducking jake for awhile now too

Comment

Oh **** AhTAWMIK. Naw I get you man, JP real deal. He has magnet hands. And great hair.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post
                  I LOVE IT WHEN YOU CALL ME...

Yeah, underrated tatt. Hearn's jealous ofc, still trying to dream/visulaise a starstudded career for lawrence okolie, but we all know he'll get kilt. Hope Breidis gets the fight and some profile.

But in all seriousness. This speaks hugely to a miasmic shift in our culture, and more importantly, the sport we love. The appearance of social media starlets, or whatever they insist on being called, has completely flipped the scenario. Many fighters protest indifference, say that it's good for the sport if it brings attention, but now, we finally have a SERIOUS fighter, of note, to come out and somewhat sacrifice his crredability in a bid to bag the big one. It's a joke. And if any one boxer says they haven't given the whole situation serious thought, they're lying! Probably. It's taken a few things, a bit of a build up. But now we have the breakthrough guy, Jake Paul. Charismatic B*stard. Love him or hate him.
                  This is a gimmick more to get the Okolie fight, than a Paul fight. Okolie is by far the biggest payday in his division. And if it did get him a fight with Paul, which I'm sure he's not expecting, then it's a nice financial side line. I don't see the need for the gimmick as the fight with Okolie will definitely happen. Breidis clearly wants it. It's too lucrative not to. He mentions heavyweight, but is in no rush to go there yet. Hearn and the Saurlands have a great working relationship. The only dynamic that may have changed the perspective on this, is wasserman going to sky after Hearn has left. It may make it more difficult, but I can't see it being a dealbreaker. This is about driving the purse up imo.
                  MisterDeclanCor MisterDeclanCor likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                    Have you seen the nuclear hands of Breidis? I'm guessing not. If this happens its an exhibition. Which means it doesn't happen, because Breidis doesn't have an exhibition worthy name. This is charade to spark Hearn into action, offering a big bag for the Okolie fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X