Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson Still Wants Joe Smith: I Can't See a Scenario Where He Beats Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson Still Wants Joe Smith: I Can't See a Scenario Where He Beats Me!

IF you could die based on the number of bitter pills you swallow in life, Callum Johnson must be coming close to overdosing. The heavy-hitting light heavyweight should have been fighting Joe Smith in upstate New York this weekend but two days before he was due to leave the UK, he tested positive for Covid.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Callum Johnson has a rosy idea in his head but joe smith jr was gonna knock his head off sorry to tell him lol

Comment

Callum Johnson, does deserve another shot at the title against anyone of the current champions.
      He's paid his dues, and losing to Artur Beterbiev, isn't a blot in his career if anything it should be a badge of courage.
      Beterbiev, has beaten every fighter he's faced, and all by knockout, so that shouldn't be a knock on Johnson's career.
      Until proven otherwise Artur Beterbiev, is the king of the hill in the 175 pound division.
      CasperUK CasperUK likes this.

Comment

Callum, the only scenario where Smith beats you has just faded away due to your positive test...

Comment

I like Callum Johnson and would like to see this match up. He is a good fighter with an aggressive style and big punch. However, I don't see him defeating Smith Jr. Joe is 4 years younger, has just as big of a punch, great stamina, takes a big shot well, and now has the mind set of a champion. Smith also has a much stronger resume.
          Casual Riot Casual Riot likes this.

Comment

That would have been a nice comparison for Smith Jr versus Beterbiev... And probably a better opposition... Oh well...

Comment

A damn shame.

i had picked Callum Johnson to beat Joe Smith Jr.

Comment

2 overated hopes fighting for a title , must be too many brothers playing other sports

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                  Callum Johnson has a rosy idea in his head but joe smith jr was gonna knock his head off sorry to tell him lol
                  He’s basically just living off putting Beterbiev down then just starting at him doing nothing! He has power but was wobbled in his last fight so not sure what his chin is like.

Would have been a shoot out either way

CasperUK CasperUK likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Square circle View Post
                    I like Callum Johnson and would like to see this match up. He is a good fighter with an aggressive style and big punch. However, I don't see him defeating Smith Jr. Joe is 4 years younger, has just as big of a punch, great stamina, takes a big shot well, and now has the mind set of a champion. Smith also has a much stronger resume.
                    I agree, I hope the fight does get made again, but Smith wins a close back and forth fight for me in the mid to late rounds

Comment

Working...
                    X