Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Charlo, Crawford vs. Top Rank, Conor Benn, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Charlo, Crawford vs. Top Rank, Conor Benn, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Canelo Alvarez vs. Jermal Charlo, what it takes to make weight, the progression of Conor Benn, Terence Crawford's lawsuit against Top Rank, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Breadman says: "...This is no knock on Canelo." But guess what is next. Surprise surprise Ole Breadman knocks Canelo! Nobody who reads these posts expects objectivity. It is more honest to just knock the guy when you think it is called rather than try to exculpate yourself before doing so. Just say what you are going to say without the unnecessary weasel words. The reader can determine whether or not your comments ring true.
    alexoneness alexoneness likes this.

Comment

Canelo is going to walk all over Charlo if they fight. That's going to be a career ending beat down.

Comment

Good read as always!

CanCharlo Cinco De Mayo
        mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Wtf did I just read... this looked like it was written by a child throwing tantrums.

Comment

Canelo would likely beat Charlo over the distance, not sure of a tko. I don't know if he beats Benavidez, but would love to see that fight.

Musings over Duran vs Whitaker, that would be incredible, fantasy fights. I'd say Whitaker would probably outbox Duran at welterweight, and Duran could edge him at lightweight.
            BendOver BendOver likes this.

Comment

Andy Ruiz rising against Anthony Joshua? He also took a viscious left hook when he first got up...almost made Mannix look spot on but he ate that punch and then went on the attack...I was shocked by that!!

Comment

Canelo vs Charlo is a good fight, hopefully Benavides can fight boo boo, Bivol, beterbiev to boost that trash resume that way he can get it next. Shame what is happening to Crawford, amazing fighter that promoters are doing everything in their power to protect their fighters from. Blatant really, only Porter showed the heart to take that risk in his prime. Boxing is dead.

Comment

This is the era of wait and see before you take the chance. ” Fan boys can cry about that statement all they want, take it personal but it’s the truth. Mayweather was guilty of this as well, but what he strategically did was fought guys coming off big wins so that perception was shifted. That’s what he did with Hatton, Cotto, Guerrero, Ortiz, Canelo , Cotto etc. These guys today are way more blatant about it. They pick guys coming off poor or mediocre at best performances to finally fight certain opposition. And if the fans beat the drums for a guy that still appears to be dangerous and hasn’t shown enough vulnerability, they go to the reliable excuse of “he hasn’t earned it” or “he doesn’t bring in enough money”. Wish more boxing fans had enough sense to see through this but many are blinded by their weirdo groupie love.

Comment

Canelo-Charlo is a great fight and by no means is an easy fight for Canelo, it's a tough ass hard fight for him, however I think Charlo style plays into Canelo strenghts, the thing is this, to me, Charlo is a better offensive fighter than Plant & Saunders, he has every punch on the book and he is heavy handed, but he is no better defensive than those 2 I listed however his chin and determination can compensate for this.

The problem with picking Charlo over Canelo is that the guy only way to win is to stop Canelo, and even thou that's a possibility it's a very little one, Canelo has a mosnter chin and is a very defensive responsible fighter, now Charlo is 100% a boxer puncher and is not a high volume guy, I've seen it since a long time ago, unless you a master boxer like Floyd or Lara, if you fight at a slow pace good luck with Canelo, because if you let him settle in he is gonna pick you apart.

I'm crossing my fingers for this fight to happen next as I think we need to closure this Canelo-Charlo chapter for good but I'm no optimistic, this is the fight I want the most for May but we'll see.
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X