Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios On Facing Keith Thurman In Welterweight Debut: I Don't Want An Easy Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios On Facing Keith Thurman In Welterweight Debut: I Don't Want An Easy Fight

Mario Barrios obviously could've chosen an easier transition into the welterweight division than Keith Thurman. Coming off an 11th-round, technical-knockout loss to Gervonta Davis in his final fight at the 140-pound limit, Barrios would've been well within reason to face a lesser opponent
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm seriously rooting for Barrios here but I just about changed my mind because of how many times he was quoted saying the words " You know "

Comment

Thurman might be ripe for the taking by a young fighter. Lets see what version of Keith shows up.

Comment

Another pbc ppv I cant wait NOT to pay for and watch! Pbc ppv main events are getting more weak and pathetic from one to another.
        pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

You know, you know

Comment

War Barrios! Sorry, but I can't support this PPV, but I hope you whoop Thurman's azz!

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
              I'm seriously rooting for Barrios here but I just about changed my mind because of how many times he was quoted saying the words " You know "
              Yeah I can’t stand the new format of writers trying to quote word for word everything a fighter says. Makes articles sound dumb whilst reading to yourself. I dunno what’s cringier the fighters lack of vocabulary or the writers thinking we’d appreciate it in this style.
              Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Somebody buy this guy a vocabulary book. Saying " You know " twenty times in a two paragraph article is ridiculous , you know ?

Comment

I've never seen a Virgil Hunter trained fighter be less physical with such a size advantage than Barrios was against Tank. It was like the opposite of what typically would be Hunter's thoughts if he was sitting ringside calling the fight yet he wanted dude to fight from the outside. Just didn't sit well with me - people want ot see Keith roughed up, well this isn't the guy for that
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-14-2022, 03:28 PM.
                  Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post

Yeah I can’t stand the new format of writers trying to quote word for word everything a fighter says. Makes articles sound dumb whilst reading to yourself. I dunno what’s cringier the fighters lack of vocabulary or the writers thinking we’d appreciate it in this style.
                    I know right Lol it's perfectly ok to paraphrase we would get the point.
                    RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X