Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA Needs To Do Right Thing By Ordering Soro-Madrimov Rematch, Changing Result To ND

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA Needs To Do Right Thing By Ordering Soro-Madrimov Rematch, Changing Result To ND

By Keith Idec - Four weeks have passed since officials at ringside in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, made one of the most egregious errors in recent boxing history. The WBA is in the process of reviewing what went wrong that night, hopefully with the intent to do right by Michel Soro. That besmirched sanctioning organization's championship
    [Click Here To Read More]

Based on what I read in this article there should've been a disqualification.
    slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

Hearn saying the result should stay is not a good look. That was the worst after the bell fouling I have ever seen.

Comment

Soro sure did get a bum wrap. N/C & a rematch is only fair!!....

Comment

"Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing contended in its official response to Soro’s protest that the result shouldn’t be changed to a no-decision. What is Hearn’s counsel supposed to state? That Soro was wronged and that their boxer should be forced to take another tough fight with Soro immediately before getting a shot at the winner of the Castano-Jermell Charlo rematch, which has been scheduled for March 19?"

Yes, that's the right thing to say! WBA (and Eddie Hearn) DO THE RIGHT THING!

Comment

If they figure out how to make the right amount of money off it they will change things up. If not it will land where it is now. Fair ? Right ? What is good for boxing ? That won't even play into it. Look how they reacted in the ring that night they acted like they were mad that the camera's were kept on after the fouls....

Comment

Abel Sanchez reaction tho

Comment

Eddie Hearn as proven himself to be the biggest snake in boxing even when i was fooled by his 'fair' stances in the past
                What would Hearn say if that was AJ being hit after the bell? i doubt he would say the same things he is saying here.

I have lost all respect for that dirty rat Hearn

Comment

Madrimov and GGG could be brothers!
                  RodgerTheDodger RodgerTheDodger likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
                    If they figure out how to make the right amount of money off it they will change things up. If not it will land where it is now. Fair ? Right ? What is good for boxing ? That won't even play into it. Look how they reacted in the ring that night they acted like they were mad that the camera's were kept on after the fouls....
                    Yeah, I definitely noticed that as well. That fight was supposed to go the way of the hometown favorite and only that way. Not sure if there is enough money for that fight for it to happen anyplace but Kazakhstan. Does Soro have enough of a following in France for his promotion to win a purse bid and bring it back home?

Comment

Working...
                    X