Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Shakes Head at Briedis Chasing Jake Paul: Get Real, Go Fight Okolie!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Shakes Head at Briedis Chasing Jake Paul: Get Real, Go Fight Okolie!

Eddie Hearn, promoter WBO cruiserweight champion Lawrence Okolie, is shaking his head at the recent stunt by WBC champion Mairis Briedis, who is chasing down a showdown with social media star Jake Paul.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pay him the same money he could get from a Paul fight and I'm sure he'd be happy to knock Okolie out.

Comment

Okolie needs to get out of his comfort zone & start fighting outside of the UK if he's to become a global attraction!
      RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

But Okolie gets a pass for cherrypicking Makabu’s leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
          Okolie needs to get out of his comfort zone & start fighting outside of the UK if he's to become a global attraction!
          Look at his next fight. He’s cherrypicking Makabu’s leftovers ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
            Pay him the same money he could get from a Paul fight and I'm sure he'd be happy to knock Okolie out.
            And Okolie is happy with fighting Makabu’s leftovers.

Comment

I’m not in the camp of people who are outraged by boxers fighting social media famous nobodies, with the caveat that the boxer needs have paid their dues.

Briedis can’t earn s*** at cruiserweight. Let him beat seven shades out of Paul for mega dollar.

Not keen on this kind of thing at all when it’s someone in the prime of their career, but completely get it when the raison d’etre of boxing is to make as much cash as you can without brain damage, and you’re out of options to do this.

Comment

I shooo my head too, at how embarassing it is. Then I realised that they know Showtime would pay well for him and Jake Paul, as ridiculous as that would be.

Comment

I have been saying this since the Pauls showed up on the scene. They are headlining PPV events with pretty impressive sales. Showtime is backing his events!!!! I said more established will be looking at fighting on his events. Here we have it Breidis one of the best CW looking to cash in on the circus…

Comment

Eddie makes a great point here. Lawrence isn’t much better himself though, hardly fought a live body has he!

Comment

Working...
                    X