Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka Accepts Invitation To Enter Talks For IBF Title Eliminator Versus Filip Hrgovic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka Accepts Invitation To Enter Talks For IBF Title Eliminator Versus Filip Hrgovic

Tony Yoka is prepared to revisit an old rivalry from his amateur days. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Paris' Yoka--a 2016 Olympic Gold medalist and current rising heavyweight contender--has accepted an invitation from the IBF to enter talks for a final title eliminator versus Croatia's Filip Hrgovic. His decision comes just before the three-day deadline to decide whether to pursue such a fight. "Tony Yoka has formally accepted tonight in writing the challenge to fight Filip Hrgovic in a final IBF Final Eliminator for the heavyweight world championship," Nisse Sauerland of Wasserman Boxing, Hrgovic's co-promoter announced Thursday afternoon via social media. "'El Animal has found a dance partner."
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-13-2022, 04:29 PM.

I really like this fight. Besides, I felt it was a little early for Luis Ortiz anyway. 4-5 years' time, Ortiz will be ready to take over. Can't rush that young Cuban. Nash out.

Comment

AT LAST. Good on you Yoka.

​​​​​Interesting clash of styles here it should make for an interesting fight should it happen.

Comment

I still don’t see Yoka top 10 material he should lose the fight handily but I could see the first half of the fight with some decent action. Hrgovic will be looking fir a big knockout here after the farce decision loss in 2016 .
        Slowhand Slowhand adotd adotd like this.

Comment

Accepted the invitation to enter talks? So Ortiz and Parker turned it down before even discussing numbers, split, etc. Crazy. Good on Yoka, I think it's a good 50/50 fight.

Comment

Geni geni kameni

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
              Accepted the invitation to enter talks? So Ortiz and Parker turned it down before even discussing numbers, split, etc. Crazy. Good on Yoka, I think it's a good 50/50 fight.
              I’m not sure if the IBF has a set mandatory split ,they have before but Parker and Ortiz had zero interest in this fight ,if it wasn’t about money it would have been about fake injuries or injuries that wouldn’t actually stop the fight a few months away .

Comment

I like the fight. I pick Yoka to beat Hrgovic.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

I’m not sure if the IBF has a set mandatory split ,they have before but Parker and Ortiz had zero interest in this fight ,if it wasn’t about money it would have been about fake injuries or injuries that wouldn’t actually stop the fight a few months away .
                  It’s all about money. Team Hrgovic don’t seem to have it or want to spend it. I would expect this fight in Paris on French PPV. If there is a large crowd Yoka is going to make bank. I been saying it for awhile. Yoka has a big following in France & he has the luxury of being a fighter a world champion may want to fight in a voluntary defence on the road. Yoka could end up like Judah or Malinaggi. A guy who keeps getting voluntary title shots. Those 2 always put butts in seats in Jersey so they kept getting shots. Andrew Golota was another draw who got 4 title shots because he could sell out MSG or any city with a large population of poles.

Like back in the 80s & early 90s there were a few champions who went to England to fight Frank Bruno because they could make big coin in a soldout Wembley. Lennox Lewis did it & Tim Witherspoon back in the day. Oliver McCall also fought Bruno but lost. Joe Mesi had a huge following in Buffalo. He would put 15000-20000 in the old hockey arena a few times. I remember Lennox Lewis was looking at possibly fighting Mesi in Buffalo until he had the brain bleed following the Jirov fight.
                  Last edited by joe strong; 01-13-2022, 04:38 PM.
                  Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Nice to see someone’s actually taken it
                    Sid-Knee Sid-Knee likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X