Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russell: The Pound-For-Pound List Is A Popularity Contest, It's Not Based Upon Skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Russell: The Pound-For-Pound List Is A Popularity Contest, It's Not Based Upon Skill

Gary Russell Jr. is content with the self-awareness that he is among the most talented boxers in the world today. The hope is that his latest WBC featherweight title defense versus mandatory challenger Mark Magsayo (23-0, 16KOs) will serve as an industry-wide reminder of what he specifically brings to the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's a mix of both. SO no, Russell isn't popular, thus not on the P4P lol

Comment

I think this young truth seeker has figured it out….

Comment

Got to be time for Russell v LSC?!
        diarraisagod diarraisagod likes this.

Comment

It's irrelevant. A hypothetical what if with everybody having a slightly different opinion of what it's based on.

In my case, it's entirely resume based with bonus credit given to those who risk taking difficult fights.

I couldn't care less about who thinks they're more skilled if they're not willing to prove it by facing elite competition

Comment

Jealousy and Envy is a Muthua.........

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
              If Russell beats Magsayo, there's only 3 fights I want to see: Colbert vs. Russell @ 130, Stevenson vs. Russell @ 130, or Tank vs. Russell @ 135! The LSC fight is worthless now!

Comment

this guy pops up every xmas time, hes like covid

Comment

Now I dont know if I can agree with Gary on this one, for example Josh Taylor is a nobody yet hes rated pretty high on most P4P list. The last time I checked Gary Russell jr. was also more popular than Taylor, and arguably more skilled ; I dont know who would win if these two fought.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    Russell should sue Haymon over racial bias.

Comment

Working...
                    X