Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams vs. Barry Hall Showdown Set For March 23 in Syndey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams vs. Barry Hall Showdown Set For March 23 in Syndey

According to multiple reports, Sonny Bill Williams will return to the boxing ring against one of Australian sport's most notorious figures, ex-AFL hard man Barry Hall.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I remember when he fought an aging Francois Botha. SBW was ahead on the cards in the 10th round but Botha was starting to pummel him late in the fight. The fight was scheduled for 12 but there was no way SBW would have made it thru 12 so in the middle of the 10th they claimed it to be the 10th & final round. So SBW escaped with a win. They changed the fight from a 12 to 10 round fight in the middle of the 10th round. I have no idea how they got away with it as I believe the result stood. It was one of the biggest shams I ever saw. SBW was about to get KO’d if it went longer.
    LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

SBW V Big daddy

Comment

Paul Gallen would destroy Sonny Bill so Bazza has a decent shot if he hasn’t aged much he’s a more natural fighting man just needs some time in the gym

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          I remember when he fought an aging Francois Botha. SBW was ahead on the cards in the 10th round but Botha was starting to pummel him late in the fight. The fight was scheduled for 12 but there was no way SBW would have made it thru 12 so in the middle of the 10th they claimed it to be the 10th & final round. So SBW escaped with a win. They changed the fight from a 12 to 10 round fight in the middle of the 10th round. I have no idea how they got away with it as I believe the result stood. It was one of the biggest shams I ever saw. SBW was about to get KO’d if it went longer.
          Yes for some reason I stayed up to watch that fight and will never forget it, not because it was good but of what you describe.

Maybe on a swing bout the scheduled rounds can change, but not the main event of a "PPV" LOL , Botha was going to close show
          Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-13-2022, 07:08 PM.
          joe strong joe strong likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
            Paul Gallen would destroy Sonny Bill so Bazza has a decent shot if he hasn’t aged much he’s a more natural fighting man just needs some time in the gym
            The same Paul Gallen that just fought in a PPV that was set for 3 x 2 minute rounds against a guy who gassed in 90 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

The same Paul Gallen that just fought in a PPV that was set for 3 x 2 minute rounds against a guy who gassed in 90 seconds?
              Who gassed ? I saw highlights of the Gallen/Hall fight it was pretty competitive, Barry Hall can do something, Sonny Bill talks the part but arm punches
              Sonny Bill did pretty good tho all those years ago to go 10 rounds (just) with a past it old vet like Botha but I feel like Barry Hall has more potential if middle age hasn’t started getting to him since Gal

i feel like Gallen would be too aggressive and tough for Sonny Bill and walk him down, he improved a fair bit from when he started
              Last edited by Flabble Scrote; 01-13-2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
                Who gassed ? I saw highlights of the Gallen/Hall fight it was pretty competitive, Barry Hall can do something, Sonny Bill talks the part but arm punches
                Sonny Bill did pretty good tho all those years ago to go 10 rounds (just) with a past it old vet like Botha but I feel like Barry Hall has more potential if middle age hasn’t started getting to him since Gal

i feel like Gallen would be too aggressive and tough for Sonny Bill and walk him down, he improved a fair bit from when he started
                Watch his last fight against Darcy Lussick you goose. It was 3 x 2 minute rounds. Charged 80 bucks on PPV. Lasted 90 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                X