Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas Tests Positive For Covid, Postponing Planned February 5 Clash With Liam Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas Tests Positive For Covid, Postponing Planned February 5 Clash With Liam Smith

What was once a crowded fight day is now down to just one major boxing event in the United States. A junior middleweight clash between Liam Smith and Jessie Vargas is once again placed on hold. The bout was due to headline a February 5 DAZN show from Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona, only for the event to be scrapped as Vargas was forced to withdraw after testing positive for Covid.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn this would of been a good scrap

Comment

Only going to snowball from here with the winter surge...we're fuched!

Comment

Probably not pushed back for too long

Comment

Hopefully postponed....permanently. lol

Comment

Damn, I was looking forward to seeing a Rungvisai fight in person on the undercard. Oh well.

Comment

Jessie better take his time back from Covid. That stuff has some lingering effects. Get well and get to fighting condition safely

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                Jessie better take his time back from Covid. That stuff has some lingering effects. Get well and get to fighting condition safely
                For some, very possible like Teo but he is healthy and still quite young I am sure he will be alright. Shoot more than likely in better shape than I am and I was fine, did my runs and work outs a week after and haven't had any issues.
                Last edited by jonnyc420; 01-12-2022, 06:16 PM.
                NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Liam is not going let Jessie bamboozle him like he did Conner. Jessie has been in too many wars that he didn't win. Liam is no untested newbie, he can deal with the old man game.

Comment

Well, there goes another one.

It seems we're back to nothing but cancelled fights like it was over a year ago.

Great.

Comment

Working...
                    X