Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Vows: After This Fight, Amir Khan Will Be a Mere Memory!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brook Vows: After This Fight, Amir Khan Will Be a Mere Memory!

Kell Brook has not been amused by some of the pre-fight chatter from his domestic rival, Amir Khan. Brook had Khan have been feuding for well over a decade. Their rivalry will come to an end when the two former world champions will collide in Manchester on February 19, live on Sky Sports Box Office and ESPN+.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Never understood why khan was more popular among Uk fans than Brook as Brook has always been the better fighter and khan clearly blatantly ducked Brook. Similar to how Fury has always been better than Joshua but Uk fans worship Joshua for some reason. Even thinking of how Calzaghe was revered in comparison to Froch while Froch was the one willing to take the risky fights during his prime that Calzaghe didn’t do until the very end when the risk was less.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      Never understood why khan was more popular among Uk fans than Brook as Brook has always been the better fighter and khan clearly blatantly ducked Brook. Similar to how Fury has always been better than Joshua but Uk fans worship Joshua for some reason. Even thinking of how Calzaghe was revered in comparison to Froch while Froch was the one willing to take the risky fights during his prime that Calzaghe didn’t do until the very end when the risk was less.
      Khan's performance at the Olympics inspired a lot of people. Back in 2004, I don't think British Amateur boxing was doing very well.

So whenever a boxer achieved anything, it was duplicated in magnitude. Amir Khan's silver medal, was held is very high esteem.

Amir Khan has completely emptied his tank in his career, there not much more he could of done. He has faced many great fighters, and it is also how he fights 'His durability is not the best, but he still fights offensively and seems not to care' His offense is his defense.

It was also the people who wanted to see Khan lose which made him appear popular. Kell Brook has had very few haters, he has his fans and then people who are not that much bothered about him.

Kell Brook vs Amir Khan is a big fight, because people are still wanting to see Amir Khan get beat 'That is one of the elements, as to why this is a big fight'.

Comment

He already is, they both are. This fight is years too late.

Comment

I hope we get one more Khan KO before he retires.

Comment

Khan's fights are exciting because you don't know if he's going to get KO'd or throw flashy quick flurries all night to outbox his opponents. A good few people don't like him also and want to see him get KO'd. Then there are the Islamophobes who want to see him lose because racism. He also has a fair few fans who respect what he was able to accomplish with middling boxing IQ and an average chin. He took on several good opponents and earned respect of boxing fans - Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah, Peterson, Garcia, Collazo, Alexander, Algieri, Canelo, Crawford is a good resume, particularly for a British fighter. He only ducked Brook but fought better fighters, however robbed British fans of a mega fight when they were in their primes so we hold that against him. Some would argue that Manny, Floyd and JMM didn't want to fight him but I don't think they ducked him. Tim Bradley did at 140 however. All in all Khan made pretty much the most of his talents and gave us some great memories. He isn't a HOFer but definitely a British 'great'.

I still want to see Khan v Broner lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              Khan has the better resume by a mile. Aside from Porter who else did Brook beat???

Say what you want about Khan as a person but inside the ring he’s beat Maidana, Judah, Malignaggi, Alexander, Collazo, Kotelnik and even a shot Barrera. That’s a very solid resume.

Khan > Brook by a mile in terms of who had the better career both amateur and pro.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Khan has the better resume by a mile. Aside from Porter who else did Brook beat???

Say what you want about Khan as a person but inside the ring he’s beat Maidana, Judah, Malignaggi, Alexander, Collazo, Kotelnik and even a shot Barrera. That’s a very solid resume.

Khan > Brook by a mile in terms of who had the better career both amateur and pro.
                That being said and I strongly agree. I personally think even in their prime Brook Stops Khan. I think at that time Khan would be well ahead on points but gets caught. Just my personal opinion.

Comment

Kahn, aka con, will be clawing and scratching to secure a win which will sadly end with him on the canvas and being waved off. What worked for Crawford won’t work for Kahn he’s been conned

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

That being said and I strongly agree. I personally think even in their prime Brook Stops Khan. I think at that time Khan would be well ahead on points but gets caught. Just my personal opinion.
                    I could see that too. Styles make fights.

I always felt it was either Khan on points or Brook by KO when they were both near their peaks.

Comment

Working...
                    X