Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hrgovic on Ortiz Turning Down IBF Eliminator: He Don't Want The Smoke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hrgovic on Ortiz Turning Down IBF Eliminator: He Don't Want The Smoke

Filip Hrgovic doesn't buy Luis Ortiz's excuse. The Croatian contender has been angling for a chance to square off against a fellow top-ranked name in an IBF eliminator for the past year but has been unable to entice anyone of note.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol it appears American urban slang has made it to Slavic Europe
    blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

I'm not sold on Filip. His last 4 fights in the last two years have been against literal who's. I know 2 years ago we were deep in covid but since then all the other heavyweight contenders have had meaningful fights against each other so why hasn't Filip? I don't think the other top contenders are ducking Filip, I think its more Filip hasn't made himself worth the while, yet.
      slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

I get it.. WHY would any top-15 fight hrogvic??. Too risky for little reward $$.

Comment

Hrgovic's career shows he's the one who has never wanted any smoke with anyone with a pulse so far. He has been matched extremely carefully until the reward is high enough for him to finally fight a good fighter.

Comment

u would think this was the wba reg title or something

Comment

For someone who has yet to establish himself in the division, he is getting an awful lot of press. How did he even manage to get his top ranking!!!!

Comment

The "he don't want that smoke" saying has become too tired of a cliche. Time for fighters to drop it and come up with new.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                  For someone who has yet to establish himself in the division, he is getting an awful lot of press. How did he even manage to get his top ranking!!!!
                  A better question on here is how do fighters who decline fights or complain about money taking easier fights get more credit because this is what usual goes on ?

Hrgovic got the spot from other fighters declining elimination bouts before him . He got the spot and attempted to get the fights ,but when it was the other guys it wasn’t about money ? Hrgovic is going to get a lot of hate on here when he becomes champion I can tell you that from my experience on here so far ,he’s doing to many things right already .

Comment

In my head he says it like "Hyeh dote wat dat smuhk"

Comment

Working...
                    X