Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steve Geffrard Relishes "Chance Of A Lifetime" Title Shot Against Joe Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steve Geffrard Relishes "Chance Of A Lifetime" Title Shot Against Joe Smith

By Corey Erdman - Steve Geffrard had a feeling this exact thing could happen. Early in 2021, Joe Smith Jr. was scheduled to face Maxim Vlasov for the vacant WBO light heavyweight title, but Vlasov tested positive for COVID-19. Geffrard said in a YouTube interview with Marc Abrams that he thought there might be a possibility for him to step in at that point.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well, maybe this might be slightly competitive if he's been sparring Kovalev and Beterbiev. Those guys make sparring seem like a real fight, so this could prove to be good. I might see if I can find some of his fights on Youtube to see what he's bringing to the ring because right now I think he'd have to bring a .357 mag to pull this upset off. I just don't want this fight to end in the first round. I want to see something relatively competitive. We'll see.

Comment

What a stupid fight. Geffrard went from being a prospect to being a warm body in the ring. Smith should have just rescheduled the fight. I seriously hope no one is going to be trying to sell wolf tickets about how competitive this might be and then start bringing up what Geffrard used to bring to the ring. smh

Comment

The way 2021 treated us, I’m ready for there to be some early surprises in 22. We shall have to see

Comment

Originally posted by MPA2000 View Post
          What a stupid fight. Geffrard went from being a prospect to being a warm body in the ring. Smith should have just rescheduled the fight. I seriously hope no one is going to be trying to sell wolf tickets about how competitive this might be and then start bringing up what Geffrard used to bring to the ring. smh
          He's on an 18 win streak? Yes his competiton been real weak tho , hopefully Geffrard can make it competitive . Otherwise every fight on this card is a throw away other then that random Heavyweight fight .
          Last edited by Ricardi; 01-10-2022, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen him fight before but an upset is possible anyone who can box well and take Smiths power can beat him but that's not an easy task we will see once the first solid punch lands. He has a good trainer in Cunningham hopefully they have a good game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
              Well, maybe this might be slightly competitive if he's been sparring Kovalev and Beterbiev. Those guys make sparring seem like a real fight, so this could prove to be good. I might see if I can find some of his fights on Youtube to see what he's bringing to the ring because right now I think he'd have to bring a .357 mag to pull this upset off. I just don't want this fight to end in the first round. I want to see something relatively competitive. We'll see.
              The picture is funny. Coincidentally it reminds me of the video where drunk Spence was trying to give his friend a drunk "I love you man" kiss on the cheek, neck or something. He got called all kinds of ****sexuals pejoratives.

Comment

The picture is funny. Coincidentally it reminds me of the video where drunk Spence was trying to give his friend a drunk "I love you man" kiss on the cheek, neck or something. He got called all kinds of ****sexuals pejoratives.
                LOL. Social Media #neverforget You have to watch your P's and Q's these days because you never know who's taking a photo and how out of context it will be taken.

But this guy Kushking is off the hook. I can't say anything about Canelo without his swooping in to defend him, and he defends him vehemently, like he's got some serious feelings for Canelo. He made some post the other day how he was jealous of Canelo's wife. ****'s unreal.

Comment

I was looking forward to Smith fighting Johnson. I will be there at the fight this Saturday, it sucks that my girl paid for the tickets already and can't get a refund.

Comment

Working...
                  X