No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lawrence Okolie vs. Michal Cieslak on February 27

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lawrence Okolie vs. Michal Cieslak on February 27

Lawrence Okolie will also make the second defense of his WBO cruiserweight title on February 27 in London against former WBC title challenger Michal Cieslak, from Poland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Solid opponent for a voluntary. Goulimarin vs Egorov will likely be on the undercard too.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Solid opponent for a voluntary. Goulimarin vs Egorov will likely be on the undercard too.
      I wanna see Okolie unify too. I think he has the ability to be top dog in the division and possibly the size to make waves at heavyweight. I enjoy watching him fight.
      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I wanna see Okolie unify too. I think he has the ability to be top dog in the division and possibly the size to make waves at heavyweight. I enjoy watching him fight.
        Same here actually- don’t enjoy watching him fight too much though, although he’s become more watchable under Shane.

I do think he’s a problem for anyone at 200 lbs though, his size, length and athleticism is always gonna be difficult to deal with. He proved me wrong too, when he turned pro he was a guy I thought would be domestic level, but he’s gone: British, Commonwealth, European and is now World Champion, credit where it’s due…

Comment

Same here actually- don’t enjoy watching him fight too much though, although he’s become more watchable under Shane.

I do think he’s a problem for anyone at 200 lbs though, his size, length and athleticism is always gonna be difficult to deal with. He proved me wrong too, when he turned pro he was a guy I thought would be domestic level, but he’s gone: British, Commonwealth, European and is now World Champion, credit where it’s due…
          Okolie isn't terrible to watch any more. The Polish guy he fought on the Joshua-Pulev undercard looked like he was getting electrocuted when Okolie would land anything big. Lol made me almost forgive all the hugging.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Okolie isn't terrible to watch any more. The Polish guy he fought on the Joshua-Pulev undercard looked like he was getting electrocuted when Okolie would land anything big. Lol made me almost forgive all the hugging.
            Shane has definitely tightened him up technically, throws the right hand much cleaner than he used to. Okolie will be tough to beat IMO.

Comment

Shane has definitely tightened him up technically, throws the right hand much cleaner than he used to. Okolie will be tough to beat IMO.
              With his freakish dimensions yeah. I'm actually surprised to see him get this far.
              Last edited by Mammoth; 01-07-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

With his freakish dimensions. I'm actually surprised to see him get this far.
                I used to literally say he’s an accident waiting to happen.

Comment

He’s not. There was a stage I was completely done with watching him fight but he’s always got results and now he has a more fan friendly style. Interested in seeing what he can achieve

Comment

Really good fight actually, Cieslak is for sure top 10 at 200 lbs, maybe higher. Really looking forward to this one

Comment

Working...
                    X