Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin Trainer On Ortiz Fight Controversy: The Referee Did A Terrible Job; He Dropped The Ball

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charles Martin Trainer On Ortiz Fight Controversy: The Referee Did A Terrible Job; He Dropped The Ball

Don't expect trainer Manny Robles to send a holiday greeting card anytime soon to the referee who presided over the Luis Ortiz-Charles Martin heavyweight bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"I am out there to protect my fighter and look out for my fighter 100% of the time. And, yes, he was out on his feet." so why didn't you throw in the towel then?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
      "I am out there to protect my fighter and look out for my fighter 100% of the time. And, yes, he was out on his feet." so why didn't you throw in the towel then?
      Exactly, the corner can toss the towel in. Sounds like he is trying to save face

Comment

When his fighter had the empty stare he should have stopped it. Manny, the ref, whoever. Then when he got his glove stuck he should have been counted out. Not helped. But hey, no controversies , no rematches, its all good.
        Paperball86 Paperball86 likes this.

Comment

Says the guy who could've stopped the fight lol.. what a clown. Shirking responsibility

Comment

Stupid, just a stupid team.

Comment

Martin was out on his feet, looking the other way, dumfounded as if he saw his girlfriend kissing a small white dude.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

Exactly, the corner can toss the towel in. Sounds like he is trying to save face
                The trainer isn’t in the ring by the time it is thrown it would be to late ,it’s not like It was one sided . A trainer throws the towel in when he’s anticipating stopping the fight and plans it beforehand if he feels his fighter isn’t going to last much longer , Martin was fighting back . The referee himself had a very small window to make the call and he’s right there . Yes it looks like forever in slow motion but it’s not like Martin was waving to the crowd he was hit pretty quickly after the initial blow that stunned him .
                Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-07-2022, 11:25 AM.
                greeneye99 greeneye99 paulf paulf like this.

Comment

Buzzed, but not out. 'Prince' Charles Martin had the presence of mind to block the next strike that 'King-Kong' threw.

Rules, are not enforced in this dreadful division. You get the worse referees to call world-championship matches ( on purpose ), and when they are not paid-off the officials are old-geezers that are afraid to get ragdolled so they let bums like Tyson Fury and Luis Ortiz do what they want. I'm kicking real facts.
                  paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

No, it was the left that had Martin stupified, not a right, poor article. For my money the ref was spot on, allowed him out from the ropes, gave him another chance, then waved it off when he saw Martin was still out of it and therefore defenceless

Comment

Working...
                    X