Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Fury Made 20 Million in Last Fight, Whyte Made 300K and 500k in Last Two!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren: Fury Made 20 Million in Last Fight, Whyte Made 300K and 500k in Last Two!

Frank Warren, the co-promoter of WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, explained that mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte received his purse split percentage based on the numerical figures the boxer listed on contracts.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-07-2022, 12:14 AM.

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Frank Warren, the co-promoter of WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, explained that mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte is lucky to have received a 20% slice in a purse bid.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Poor poor fckn Whyte. I cant stop crying……FOR MYSELF! I havnt made that in my whole fckn life. He brings a tear to me eye.

Comment

And how much was Fury making before Wilder? =) I also think those purses for whyte are REALLY low, he definitely made millions, especially since his fights were PPV.
      tksnax tksnax likes this.

Comment

This situation confuses the dog snot out of me. There is this talk of a Fury-Whyte purse bid, but there is a legal challenge so it likely will mean nothing. Why is there a legal challenge? Something about Whyte being awarded position in a fight Fury already said can happen. So, in a fight that Fury is willing to do against a mandatory who wants the fight, it will likely not happen over all the legal challenge against the organization that has said it will sanction it.

So the fight everyone agrees should be next will not be because everyone in agreement ... is disagreeing?

This is why boxing fans drink. I hate the belts and sanctioning bodies. Everything good about this sport is just buried in stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
          And how much was Fury making before Wilder? =) I also think those purses for whyte are REALLY low, he definitely made millions, especially since his fights were PPV.
          Those were PPVs, which usually means the boxer asked for so much money they needed a PPV in order to get him paid.

Everyone knows Whyte moved and lives in Portugal for tax reasons.

I have no doubt in my mind that he listed underreported amounts on his contracts for tax reasons and to pay lower sanctioning fees, and funneled the rest of the money through some corporation. Now it comes back to bite him in the ass - or does he come clean on doing some tax schemes and puts himself in a bad legal spot with tax legalities.
          Gentblue Gentblue likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
            Being on PPV does not automatically mean you walk away with millions. If there were 150k buys like the barb website suggests, the whole event only made a few million. Once everything had been paid off and everybody took their cut (including A side Povetkin), it would be realistic for Whyte to be left with 6 figures.

Comment

A lot of this could be leverage BS. If they come up a little on Whyte purse and he still turns it down - thank you next. I’m sure the same 3 Eddie Incel employees on here will do their best to spin it as a Fury duck, but again - they are paid to lie

Comment

How much money did Fury make in his non title fights ?
                Castilo Castilo Boxviewer Boxviewer like this.

Comment

Too be honest I would be ok with any of the 3 mentioned in the article. I would be very interested to see Fury/Ruiz. I think that would be a better win than Whyte just for the fact he beat Joshua & once held 3 belts. I really thought Helenius looked like a real threat early in his career. Some injuries & a couple KO losses to Washington & Duhaupus had me thinking he was done. I’d be ok with him getting a title shot.
                  Last edited by joe strong; 01-07-2022, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

Poor poor fckn Whyte. I cant stop crying……FOR MYSELF! I havnt made that in my whole fckn life. He brings a tear to me eye.
                    Were you punched in the head as many times as he was? Did you take risks to your life and health while fighting on undercards for peanuts? It's an entertainment business, baby, wait until you hear how much The Rock makes per movie for a few months of living in a luxury trailer while filming.

Comment

Working...
                    X