Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price: I Think Usyk Has Joshua's Number, Joshua Will Have To Be Lucky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price: I Think Usyk Has Joshua's Number, Joshua Will Have To Be Lucky

Olympic bronze medal winner David Price believes his countryman, former two-time champion Anthony Joshua, will need a slice of "luck" in order to overcome Oleksandr Usyk in their upcoming rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sometimes it's better to be lucky
    An opponent can't see luck coming

Comment

If there's someone Joshua should listen to its David Price.
      Jkp Jkp likes this.

Comment

Is it luck if you walk away a unified heavyweight champion? If so I dont think it really matters at that point.

Comment

I think this is 80/20 Usyk. I would say there is a slight issue that if Usyk gets hit with a really big shot, how he takes it. Not sure if that has happened to him yet at HW. Don't forget the first Joshua fight was the only time he has looked good at HW so far. And it was the first HW fight where someone actually tried to outbox him and it played into his hands. I also see that Joshua could try to change too much and look even worse. You can't suddenly become a walk-forward wrecking machine in one training camp.

It was also a bit worrying to see Joshua training with Floyd Mayweather. He's never going to be able to outbox Usyk....

Comment

Very little "luck" in boxing. If Joshua pulls it off it will have been because of the work,desire and adjustments he will have made, adjustments I feel he's capable of. Hes not Wilder. He proved in the Ruiz rematch that he's capable of understanding his weaknesses, along his strengths, and implementing a gameplan that favored those advantages. If he pulls it off,it will not be because of "luck".....but I suspect his detractors will chalk it anyways.
            Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
              Very little "luck" in boxing. If Joshua pulls it off it will have been because of the work,desire and adjustments he will have made, adjustments I feel he's capable of. Hes not Wilder. He proved in the Ruiz rematch that he's capable of understanding his weaknesses, along his strengths, and implementing a gameplan that favored those advantages. If he pulls it off,it will not be because of "luck".....but I suspect his detractors will chalk it anyways.
              I laugh every time someone mentions the Ruiz rematch. That was the biggest farce in heavy weight history due to the state of Andy ruiz.
              Ruiz was possibly the fastest athlete to ever compete for a world title. AJ still couldn't finish him, and comically ran away from the Blob for 12 rounds in an oversized ring. While his expert team shouted "Brilliant aj"
              GenericUsername GenericUsername likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post

I laugh every time someone mentions the Ruiz rematch. That was the biggest farce in heavy weight history due to the state of Andy ruiz.
                Ruiz was possibly the fastest athlete to ever compete for a world title. AJ still couldn't finish him, and comically ran away from the Blob for 12 rounds in an oversized ring. While his expert team shouted "Brilliant aj"
                Well the fact that Ruiz couldn't stay away from burritos and tortas is irrelevant. AJ understood from his loss that couldn't afford to exchange with with far quicker handed puncher in ruiz,needed to box off the back foot,counter and turn the fatass....to come out with the win,however ugly you perceived it to be. Fact remains he was smart and humble enough to change tactics and not fight into Ruiz own strengths. Something any capable fighter who wants to win,does.

Now whether he would've pulled off that gameplan had Ruiz came in shape,that's can be up for debate. Not AJ's fault Ruiz couldn't lay off the tacos de lengua y carnitas is it.
                Jkp Jkp likes this.

Comment

AJ SD. Take screenshots of the super unbelievable, unbeatable, invincible HW Usyk (sounds like the Lomachenko storyline we had to listen but it seems to be a common theme with these East Euro fighters), a fighter the division has never seen before who just practiced with Chisora and Witherspoon for fun. Hold y'all Ls after the rematch.
                  Last edited by hhh1200; 01-06-2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X