Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Pleads For Isaac Cruz To Sign Contract; Golden Boy Prefers Softer Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Pleads For Isaac Cruz To Sign Contract; Golden Boy Prefers Softer Fight

Ryan Garcia is demanding that his return to the ring be against Isaac Cruz, the lightweight contender who gave Gervonta Davis all the Balitmore-bred boxer could handle in their December Showtime pay per view fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How is their a contract when according to Oscar, in this very article,they are waiting to make him an offer?
    Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
      How is their a contract when according to Oscar, in this very article,they are waiting to make him an offer?
      I think Garcia is blowing smoke. I'm super disappointed in him and Haney. 3 years ago they looked legit. I think the hype rolled over them and the little boys inside died. Pretty sad. I was set to make Haney my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
        Exactly! Ryan has been saying for over a week, "sign the contract," but the article says:

"In a Jan. 3 tweet written in Spanish, Golden Boy founder Oscar De La Hoya congratulated Cruz for his fight against Davis and said they were ready to make a great offer."

So what contract has Ryan been talking about? We've seen this type of thing before with Pacquiao! Ryan needs to talk to his people before he goes on the internet! He's looking more suspect everyday!

Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Comment

Ryan Garcia is a part of what's wrong with boxing today. He's on social media but not in the ring. He's online calling out this one, while avoiding this and that one. That's what the new generation does. They battle on the internet more than in the ring and they blatantly avoid certain other fighters. And when they don't wanna fight someone, they have a lot of ways to get out of it. In Ryan's case, he said he had a nervous breakdown and mental illness and needed a break to get help. Some say they have covid, others retire then come back when its safe. Some hide on the "other side of the street". Some cry A side, B side bs. Some say sign the contract knowing damned well that there is no contract, or they price themselves out, some hop weight divisions to avoid certain fights. All this bs has to stop.
          Last edited by archiemoore1; 01-05-2022, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post

I think Garcia is blowing smoke. I'm super disappointed in him and Haney. 3 years ago they looked legit. I think the hype rolled over them and the little boys inside died. Pretty sad. I was set to make Haney my favorite.
            They both run their mouths too much but Haney has at least fought Linares and Diaz which is one more decent opponent to Garcia's one (Campbell). Garcia always seems to run his mouth then get afflicted with some mental health crisis of injury that prevents him from backing up his talk.

Comment

Cryan Garcia does not want that pitbull smoke

Comment

Well,there you have Oscar,Eric and Ryan put together an offer for Cruz...."but but he don't want that smoke doe". Cruz will be a flash in the pan and nothing more. Against Davis he was the same crude brawler who can't throw a straight punch to save his life ,just turns out with a decent chin. Leo and Barrios were having success against Tank before his power bailed him out so no surprise Cruz had some as well.

Garcia makes easy work of Pitbull,the question is will PBC allow him to accept the offer?
                Last edited by Sctrojan; 01-05-2022, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

They both run their mouths too much but Haney has at least fought Linares and Diaz which is one more decent opponent to Garcia's one (Campbell). Garcia always seems to run his mouth then get afflicted with some mental health crisis of injury that prevents him from backing up his talk.
                  You're absolutely right, they both run their mouths way to much, that said, I wouldn't call beating 40 year old Linares who's been knocked out multiple times in the first round a big accomplishment, and barely survived against Linares. Diaz is a little better, but let's be honest, he's a blown up featherweight, Campbell is better than both those guys, or at least was at the time. I hear you though, to much talking with very little action, if Garcia truly wants pitbull as his first fight back, then good for him, because pitbull is also better than Linares and Diaz.
                  Last edited by Greenfield02; 01-05-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                    Well,there you have Oscar,Eric and Ryan put together an offer for Cruz...."but but he don't want that smoke doe". Cruz will be a flash in the pan and nothing more. Against Davis he was the same crude brawler who can't throw a straight punch to save his life ,just turns out with a decent chin. Leo and Barrios were having success against Tank before his power bailed him out so no surprise Cruz had some as well.

Garcia makes easy work of Pitbull,the question is will PBC allow him to accept the offer?
                    What offer are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                    X