Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell, Joe Smith Highlight Early 2022: January Preview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell, Joe Smith Highlight Early 2022: January Preview

Boxing's new season is already in full swing with a heavyweight pay-per-view card already in the bag. January 2022 will play out with multiple title fights but the bigger stuff is still over the horizon.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Despite the inactivity, I still rock with GRJ, hopefully he gets the LSC unification or he gets the insert himself into the conversation at 130/135lbs.

Comment

If Gary fights in January, will he fight again in 2022? Lol. Funny but not funny.

I guess this is a sure sign he’s going to fight Tank in Maryland this year. Imagine a pro fighting twice in a calendar year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        If Gary fights in January, will he fight again in 2022? Lol. Funny but not funny.

I guess this is a sure sign he’s going to fight Tank in Maryland this year. Imagine a pro fighting twice in a calendar year.
        God I hope so! That one is way overdue! I would highly suggest Tank fight a slick fighter before faces Lomachenko, if that ever happens! GRJ or Chris Colbert definitely fit the bill! If Tank decides to fight someone else @ 135, like Ryan Garcia, then I would like to see GRJ vs. Colbert @ 130! Maybe GRJ can snatch that title and unify with Shakur later this year, or 2023? That would be delicious!

Comment

I hope GRJ fights more often this year. One of my favorites and one of the fastest fighters ever at his weight. I really like him a lot. He is underrated for his iron chin too.
          Last edited by richardt; 01-04-2022, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Remember years and years ago, a friend of mine who's family promotes local fights was always hyping up GRJ. I've followed his professional career and it's been frustrating but he's an independent free thinker and does it his way.

A fight between him and Tank would be great but at what weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

at what weight? GRJ at 130 now? Tank gonna come down and meet him half way or GRJ going all the way to 135?

Comment

nice to see Gary "The once a year wonder" Russell making his annual (at best) outing!

Comment

Working...
                X