Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2021 Upset of The Year: Martin Stuns Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's 2021 Upset of The Year: Martin Stuns Garcia

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It wasn't Mikey Garcia's first dalliance with inactivity. In fact, the California-born stylist and former four-division title claimant was no stranger to long stretches on the shelf - having taken a 30-month pause from January 2014 to July 2016 before locking down the back half of his jewelry quartet with wins over Dejan Zlaticanin and Sergey Lipinets.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nah, there were other upsets more deserving ; Mickey was not even a force in this sport anymore. Teofimo was at the top of the mountain after his own upset over Vasily Lomachenka. I still haven't and refuse to watch Garcia vs. Martin, come on bro that SUCKED!
    ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Lol how tf is pac-ugas an upset? They literally had ugas training for a southpaw before Spencer pulled out with his fake injury. It was all set up.

I'd say Lopez-kambosos was a bigger upset than inactive average fighter in Garcia in a weight class he didn't belong.
      hell even Rosado. Especially winning in a ko so early. Or even zepeda-vargas.

Comment

It was an upset but the fight itself was kind of meaningless. I think Mikey is done at the top level though and that fight proved it, he's been too comfortable for a while now and you see it in the way he fights. The Lopez vs Kambosos was a huge upset. Hell, I even think that Kiko Martinez vs Kid Galahad was a more meaningful upset that Garcia vs Martin.

Comment

This Fitzimmens is really a stubborn log if he can't accept that WBC Franchise is a Superior belt of WBC's family of belts in the same division. Literally WBC Organisations claims Lopez and Kambosos both were Undisputed.
          I guess boing has no only stupidest fans (generally) but also generally stupid writers.
          Teofimo Lopez had authored one of 2020’s biggest surprises when he unseated Vasyl Lomachenko from his two-belt lightweight throne and added the Ukrainian’s collection to his own IBF title.

Comment

Kambosos easily.

Comment

Kambosos was a top ten lightweight, Martin was a European level guy who most thought had no business even being in the ring with Mikey. The betting odds should show Martin as a much bigger underdog.

Comment

I agree with this pick. Kambosos was highly ranked and has some decent wins

Comment

Usyk or Kambosos for me. I didn’t give either much of a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Kambosos was a top ten lightweight, Martin was a European level guy who most thought had no business even being in the ring with Mikey. The betting odds should show Martin as a much bigger underdog.
                    The thing is, to be (fill in the blank) Fight of The Year, it ought to be an important fight. A ten round co-main event in Fresno between to pathetically undersized welters just doesn’t fill the bill, imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X