Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo vs. Charlo, Jake Paul, Spence vs. Crawford, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo vs. Charlo, Jake Paul, Spence vs. Crawford, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Jake Paul, Errol Spence vs. Terence Crawford, Canelo Alvarez vs. Jermall Charlo, unifications in boxing, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good read as always! Keep these coming boxingscene

Comment

Great mailbag as always. Already got to working with the response I got. Great advice. Much appreciated. Thanks Bread!

Comment

Hard hand training. So far I have spent 26 years hitting a piece of Teak wood 500 times a day with each hand , sometimes more , but never less. 5 days a week. I have arthritis and nerve damage in my hands , might be related might not be , but my hands are hard as hell. None of my friends give me knuckles, I didn't know why until one of them told me. I don't always hit the wood with the same speed or intensity. It feels kind of good to get that solid smack on the wood. I don't know if I've done it the right way but my hands are definitely hard. I'm probably an idiot with ruined hands but it is what it is. It's a good stress buster and meditation for me.

Comment

Where are the schmanelo fans that blocked me? Lol...ass hats..bunch of part timers

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
            Hard hand training. So far I have spent 26 years hitting a piece of Teak wood 500 times a day with each hand , sometimes more , but never less. 5 days a week. I have arthritis and nerve damage in my hands , might be related might not be , but my hands are hard as hell. None of my friends give me knuckles, I didn't know why until one of them told me. I don't always hit the wood with the same speed or intensity. It feels kind of good to get that solid smack on the wood. I don't know if I've done it the right way but my hands are definitely hard. I'm probably an idiot with ruined hands but it is what it is. It's a good stress buster and meditation for me.
            Sheesh..lol. this is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
              - might? errr - Ok fella. Why didn't you just use a heavy bag?

Curious to know what stresses you out so much that you hit a piece of teak wood 30,000 times per month for 26 years?

this is one of the strangest posts I've seen on here - kudos!
              Last edited by SteveM; 01-01-2022, 01:29 PM.
              Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Bread is out here spreading false information/phony Andrade narratives:
                "Andrade was the WBO champion at 154 while Canelo was the WBC champion and Canelo had no interest in fighting him.

Wrong. Canelo had lost his titles to Floyd. And Andrade's sole activity as 154 WBO champ was a single defense vs his mandatory Rose while Canelo was busy facing the far more proven Lara (who Andrade wanted no part of. Andrade then pulled out of a Charlo fight, gave up his belt and went MIA while turning down other fights, but he's the avoided fighter in that scenario? lol

"But Andrade gives up his belt and Liam Smith won it and the WBO belt becomes interesting enough for him to move down in weigh to fight for it"

Nope that's not the way it transpired. Canelo didn't swoop in as soon as Andrade gave up his belt, Smith was attempting his third defense as champ which is more than what One and Done Andrade did with it.

"Jacobs is a little more well known and he had the GGG fight, but Andrade had a belt, the WBO belt. Canelo had the WBC, WBA and IBF. All he needed was the WBO to get the same 4 he has now at 168. He chose to fight Jacobs who was not a champion then moved up from 160. He was 1 belt away from the undisputed champion at 160….All that stood in the way was Andrade.."

Wrong and wrong. First of all, little more well known? Jacobs was far more proven than Andrade's ever been, and yes he was a champ holding the IBF. And undisputed was never on the table with the IBF declaring he immediately had to come to terms with his mandatory Derev who ended up dragging his feet turning down career high money.

"He’s from the same exact era as Canelo. He’s 31-0. He’s been in the same divisions as Canelo, held belts in those divisions and he’s been on the same networks. It’s at least worth mentioning that if it’s not a duck, it’s pretty clear Canelo doesn’t want to fight him."

Yep, Andrade is from the same era as Canelo (and older) but that's where the similarities end because Andrade has never fought a single champ or ex champ in his career because he turned down the step up opportunities that came his way, unlike Canelo who fought more champs than anyone, but he's the one whose ambition is questioned?

Canelo by 23 accomplished more and displayed more ambition than Andrade in his career. He had a step up fight vs Trout whereas Andrade pulled out of his vs Jermell. Canelo accepted lowball money and met Floyd's catchweight to land a fight with him, then faced high risk/low reward Lara who Andrade was still openly avoiding years later. Imagine how differently Canelo's career would have turned out if he had avoided those fights and instead adopted the attitude of Andrade who's spent the bulk of his career protecting his 0 waiting for cash out.
                Last edited by Caxcan; 01-01-2022, 01:43 PM.

Comment

The only thing I would disagree with is, If Crawford career ended right now, he would not get into the HOF. It's possible that after multiple attempts, that the boxing writer's would throw him a bone and he would make it in, but he's not a sure fire first ballot Hall of famer as we speak at this very moment, if he decided to retire right now. I know, you're going to say, multiple division champion, ect ect, and to that I say, at this very moment, there is multiple past champion's, who won titles in multiple divisions and are not in the HOF, it's hard to get in, and just winning belts (especially in this era) does not make u great, it's about quality, not quantity, and the truth of the matter is that Crawford at 34 does not have a signature win, now, this can change if he cleans out the WW division, I'm not going to even mention beating Spence, because we don't know how Spence health is, but he definitely needs to beat Ugas, Ortiz, and boots, maybe Spence if he's available but I'm not going to put everything on a Spence fight. If he accomplished that, it would most likely get him in, or if he goes up and beats Charlo or Castaņo, then it would happen, but untill then....
                  real raw real raw Rec28 Rec28 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
                    Bread is out here spreading false information/phony Andrade narratives:
                    "Andrade was the WBO champion at 154 while Canelo was the WBC champion and Canelo had no interest in fighting him.

Wrong. Canelo had lost his titles to Floyd. And Andrade's sole activity as 154 WBO champ was a single defense vs his mandatory Rose while Canelo was busy facing the far more proven Lara (who Andrade wanted no part of. Andrade then pulled out of a Charlo fight, gave up his belt and went MIA while turning down other fights, but he's the avoided fighter in that scenario? lol

"But Andrade gives up his belt and Liam Smith won it and the WBO belt becomes interesting enough for him to move down in weigh to fight for it"

Nope that's not the way it transpired. Canelo didn't swoop in as soon as Andrade gave up his belt, Smith was attempting his third defense as champ which is more than what One and Done Andrade did with it.

"Jacobs is a little more well known and he had the GGG fight, but Andrade had a belt, the WBO belt. Canelo had the WBC, WBA and IBF. All he needed was the WBO to get the same 4 he has now at 168. He chose to fight Jacobs who was not a champion then moved up from 160. He was 1 belt away from the undisputed champion at 160….All that stood in the way was Andrade.."

Wrong and wrong. First of all, little more well known? Jacobs was far more proven than Andrade's ever been, and yes he was a champ holding the IBF. And undisputed was never on the table with the IBF declaring he immediately had to come to terms with his mandatory Derev who ended up dragging his feet turning down career high money.

"He’s from the same exact era as Canelo. He’s 31-0. He’s been in the same divisions as Canelo, held belts in those divisions and he’s been on the same networks. It’s at least worth mentioning that if it’s not a duck, it’s pretty clear Canelo doesn’t want to fight him."

Yep, Andrade is from the same era as Canelo (and older) but that's where the similarities end because Andrade has never fought a single champ or ex champ in his career because he turned down the step up opportunities that came his way, unlike Canelo who fought more champs than anyone, but he's the one whose ambition is questioned?

Canelo by 23 accomplished more and displayed more ambition than Andrade in his career. He had a step up fight vs Trout whereas Andrade pulled out of his vs Jermell. Canelo accepted lowball money and met Floyd's catchweight to land a fight with him, then faced high risk/low reward Lara who Andrade was still openly avoiding years later. Imagine how differently Canelo's career would have turned out if he had avoided those fights and instead adopted the attitude of Andrade who's spent the bulk of his career protecting his 0 waiting for cash out.
                    You probably piss schmanelo sweat his balls are so far down your throat .

Comment

Working...
                    X