No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz-Charles Martin: Stats and Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz-Charles Martin: Stats and Stakes

By Cliff Rold - It's a night of Heavyweight action to kick off 2022 (Fox PPV, 8 PM EST) featuring an aging veteran who fell short in two title challenges and an aging former titlist who wants to be remembered as more than a footnote.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great, we’re suppose to be honored to watch two has been fat boys boxing. At least Paul comes in, in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
      Great, we’re suppose to be honored to watch two has been fat boys boxing. At least Paul comes in, in shape.
      Paul who?....

Comment

Wonder what this is gonna look like. They both might gas out quick, being as inactive as they’ve been.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one. I'd be surprised to see it go the distance, both are too heavy handed and too vulnerable to go the full 12.

All things being equal, Ortiz should have no problem winning. I think the Cuban will need to take care of business in the first 4-5 rounds otherwise he won't have the stamina to stay upright. With such a long layoff, will he be able to line Martin up and land the power early?

​​​​​Prince Charles probably needs to play it safe for a few rounds and not get caught by something quick.

Comment

So who's buying this?

Comment

Should be a good scrap, both are C-level but Martin is younger, bigger and has better stamina. Grandpa is going to sleep.

Comment

Any UK tv covering this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  I'm looking forward to this one. I'd be surprised to see it go the distance, both are too heavy handed and too vulnerable to go the full 12.

All things being equal, Ortiz should have no problem winning. I think the Cuban will need to take care of business in the first 4-5 rounds otherwise he won't have the stamina to stay upright. With such a long layoff, will he be able to line Martin up and land the power early?

​​​​​Prince Charles probably needs to play it safe for a few rounds and not get caught by something quick.
                  I thought you were picking Martin ? I don’t think it’ll be an easy fight even if it’s short I think both with stun each other ,hopefully it makes it into later rounds where Martin will have more chances to win .

Comment

If this was on Fox, it would be a perfectly good fight. As a PPV it's complete joke and viewers should vote with their wallets and send a message to Fox that this is not up to standard. I won't be watching, anyway.

If there isn't an early KO, it will devolve into a low tempo affair. If Martin can't close out a man who is close to 43, he should call it a day.

Comment

Working...
                    X