Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jonnie Rice: A Lot Of People Thought Win Over Coffie Was A Fluke; Here To Show It Wasn't

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jonnie Rice: A Lot Of People Thought Win Over Coffie Was A Fluke; Here To Show It Wasn't

By Jake Donovan - Jonnie Rice knows he can no longer bank on the element of surprise heading into his rematch with Michael Coffie. That doesn't make him any less confident of repeating what happened in their first fight just five months ago. "There is a lot of pressure to show that it was for real," Rice confessed during the final
    [Click Here To Read More]

How are the odds even again? maybe people do think it was a fluke but I most certainly don't.
    Nothing but a case of a novice who isn't particularly talented and fought absolutely nobody at all that has had smoke blown up his ass coming up against an experienced vet who knows how to box and knows his way around the ring.

Repeat and it probably won't be much more competitive either. Coffie is nothing but a pretender.

Comment

Rice is a solid guy, nothing more. he lost to every decent fighter he fought. I expect him to beat Coffie again and continue gatekeeping.
      sidefx996 sidefx996 likes this.

Comment

Rice is a big & tough dude. A solid journeyman who has a decent resume of opponents so I’m surprised he was taken lightly by Coffee who is still learning his way around the ring. At 34 he better correct his mistakes as another loss to Rice pretty much ends it for Coffee as a prospect to watch.

Comment

It might be a fluke when a guy gets caught with/lands a lucky punch. It's not a fluke when one guy beats the other guy down the entire fight. My 2 cents is this a perfect example of there being levels in sports.
          1Eriugenus 1Eriugenus likes this.

Comment

Hoping Rice does it again as I got a Rice/Ortiz/Sanchez treble. Honestly, I think he will do it again. I don't get how Coffie has been managed. He was 30 or 31 when he turned pro so they must've known time was of the essence but he spent 2 years beating really poor quality. He then manages to beat 2 undefeated guys (both with appalling resumes) & they suddenly decided to hurry him up ridiculously fast & throw him in with Rice. Rice has only lost to 4 guys & they're all legitimate contenders. Throwing Coffie in with Rice the first time seemed wildly ambitious, doing it again seems mad. How will Coffie have improved since the first go? As sidefx996 says 'there are levels'.

Comment

About this PPV thang.....I don't think this is Haymon pushing for these regular tv fights to be viewed on PPV. I think that is FOX pushing it because Showtime only has two PPV fighters and that's Tank and Canelo (if he comes back). FOX must've seen something positive about 39.99 because I don't think they're going to be stopping anytime soon. Oh well, let me go ahead and order it now. Smh

Comment

Working...
              X