Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malik Scott Taps Usyk to Defeat Fury: I Won't Be Shocked At All If Usyk Beats Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malik Scott Taps Usyk to Defeat Fury: I Won't Be Shocked At All If Usyk Beats Him

Malik Scott does not think Oleksandr Usyk, the WBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion, is a walk in the park for WBC titleholder Tyson Fury. On the contrary.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yup, Usyk is a good challenge. Fury has to be the favorite though.
    RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

I'd much rather Fury was fighting Usyk and Joshua was fighting Wilder, not from their perspectives, but purely from fights I'd prefer to see as of now. As far as Whyte goes, he should be stuck back fighting Wallin really. I don't care how long he had to wait, that was all reset for me when Povetkin beat him. Nash out.

Comment

Very fascinating fight if it happens. Obviously Fury has an advantage of size, but that's where his advantages end. While Fury's boxing skills and athleticism are great for a man of his size, his skills (speed, footwork, ring IQ, etc.) are inferior to Usyk's in my opinion, so to me it comes down to physical attrition, and mental toughness, and since Fury has been in a lot of physical wars that have possibly wore him down, and with him being an emotional roller coaster at times, I would lean more towards Scott's prediction. But, Fury does have that size advantage to go along with his tremendous heart, so I wouldn't be shocked if he were to win. Regardless, it's a fascinating match up, that could go in either way, and hope fully it comes to fruition within the next year, or sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
          I'd much rather Fury was fighting Usyk and Joshua was fighting Wilder, not from their perspectives, but purely from fights I'd prefer to see as of now. As far as Whyte goes, he should be stuck back fighting Wallin really. I don't care how long he had to wait, that was all reset for me when Povetkin beat him. Nash out.
          Agreed. I thought the first Whyte-Povetkin fight was supposed to be a title eliminator. I'm still trying to figure out why there was ever a rematch. I guess the wrong guy won the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

Agreed. I thought the first Whyte-Povetkin fight was supposed to be a title eliminator. I'm still trying to figure out why there was ever a rematch. I guess the wrong guy won the first time.
            Exactly. I get that Whyte waited forever, and he should have fought Wilder instead of Breazeale, but Whyte also turned down Joshua at late notice, when Ruiz stepped in and won, now he's trying to milk every penny from the Fury fight as he knows it's his last major pay day and he has no chance of winning. If he beat Povetkin first time, then case closed, it's his shot, but that loss changed everything, it's just a fact.

A contender can't be the main contender after such a recent loss imo, as a voluntary, sure, Mando, no way. He needs 2 more wins (Wallin, Joyce, Yoja, Hrgovic type guys), that would be the case if I was controlling the rankings. Just like years ago, what on Earth had Molina done to get a 2nd title shot? He should not have been ranked in the top 50. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelFist01 View Post
              Very fascinating fight if it happens. Obviously Fury has an advantage of size, but that's where his advantages end. While Fury's boxing skills and athleticism are great for a man of his size, his skills (speed, footwork, ring IQ, etc.) are inferior to Usyk's in my opinion, so to me it comes down to physical attrition, and mental toughness, and since Fury has been in a lot of physical wars that have possibly wore him down, and with him being an emotional roller coaster at times, I would lean more towards Scott's prediction. But, Fury does have that size advantage to go along with his tremendous heart, so I wouldn't be shocked if he were to win. Regardless, it's a fascinating match up, that could go in either way, and hope fully it comes to fruition within the next year, or sooner.
              I think Fury has as much skill, and more variation than Usyk. Usyk has slightly quicker feet, as you'd expect, but don't underestimate Fury's skillset, it's outstanding. Ultimately, as always, the better man will win, size does not come into it. Fury is 6 8 at the most, despite his height exaggeration, and Usyk is 6 4. To me, I felt Fury was maybe half an inch taller than Wlad. Probably 6 6. Price looks bigger than Fury by an inch or so in pics I have seen them together. Nash out.

Comment

I pick Usyk to win as well and that includes against the younger version of Fury. Supposedly, according to this, the best version of Fury barely beat a 39 y/o version of Wladimir Klitschko. I don't think he beats prime Usyk.

Comment

I agree. After round 4 against Wilder,Fury's stamina was shot to shiet,his punches were sloppy as hell and pretty much relied on his size to carry him until he got the KO. Usyk's skill,athleticism,quick feet,combination punching,defense...pretty much every boxing attribute you can have,other than power, is light years better than Wilders or any opponent Fury has faced really. I think beating Wilder the way he did,has given Fury an aura of this generational P4P talent when in reality,all he had to do was nullify Wilders one weapon and it was a wrap.

Go back to his fight with Wallin,a fighter with decent boxing ability,and what do you get? A Fury that looked nothing like this "no one earth is beating this man" talent Wilder fans would have you believe. Usyk proved against Joshua that he can not only take heavyweight power but also hurt a heavyweight himself. His footwork and defensive skills are too good to get drawn to the ropes like Wilder. More than likely we're going to see a fight of boxing ability from range and/or outside and that's were Usyk excels.My money is on the Cat.....great fight either,let's hope it happens.

Comment

We have to remember that Fury didn't have the benefit of a full training camp in his third fight with Wilder. He beat Wilder from muscle memory. I think if Tyson Fury trains hard, loses 30+ lbs and gets into really good shape that he can easily beat Usyk. However, that's asking a lot. Fury has gotten comfortable going into his last few fights being overweight (270-280lbs) leaning on guys and hoping to wear them down that way. That strategy will have to change because Usyk can move really well and he has great foot placement in the ring. Tyson will need to be lean so he can move well like we all know that he can in order to employ a different strategy against Usyk,

Comment

Working...
                    X