Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Serrano: Strategy Was To Go Out And Just Beat Gutierrez, Show That I'm A Complete Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Serrano: Strategy Was To Go Out And Just Beat Gutierrez, Show That I'm A Complete Fighter

TAMPA - Amanda Serrano was content with the performance she delivered, regardless of those questioning the absence of a knockout they wanted. A return to lightweight saw the seven-division titlist outhustle and outmuscle the naturally bigger Miriam Gutierrez over ten rounds on December 18 at AMALIE Arena in Tampa, Florida. Serrano (42-1-1, 3KOs) nearly had the Spaniard contender on the verge of being stopped in the opening round, but instead gladly settled for a dominant performance two divisions above her optimal weight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know what Amanda Serrano's strategy was, but if she truly had Miriam Gutierrez on the verge of a knockout in the first round.
    Then you go ahead, and knock that fighter out, you don't take any chance of sustaining an injury by prolonging the fight.
    So I don't know how true the statement was about her going out there, and just beating Gutierrez for every round of the fight.
    By the time the fight was over Gutierrez's hat size was at least 1 to 2 hat size's bigger then when she started the fight.
    That's how swollen her whole head was from the sustained beating Serrano handed Gutierrez for the 10 round's of their fight.
    The only strategy Serrano should have now is to secure the fight with Taylor, and get that enormous win on her record.
    If she has Taylor hurt at any point in their fight, Serrano has to go for that all important knockout, to take the judge's out out the equation.

Comment

I remember Miriam Gutierrez mocking and illustrating that Katie Taylor is one of the weakest punchers in women's boxing, by begging Katie to strike her with better punches, late into the fight. Taylor was desperate for a stoppage and discouraged, the British commentators were sympathizing and justifying Katie's sad effort. At the end, Katie Taylor resigned to the usual disappointing performance and stink-show.

But Amanda 'The Real Deal' Serrano may have retired Miriam Gutierrez from boxing with that savage beating, I dont know how Gutierrez coaches can ever be allowed to work a corner again.

The recent news of potential alternative opponents for Katie in Cyborg and Holly Holmes comes as no surprise to me after what Amanda did to Gutierrez, I can only imagine that Taylor had flashbacks of the time when she escaped with a robbery vs. Delfine Persoon in NY.

Comment

I can possibly see Paul’s ego having to win the bid and paying over the top for this female fight is quite a good one I admit but the fact most the girls fights are of a terrible standards makes this one stand out and appear better than it actually is ..

Comment

1hourRun Your memory don't serve you too well man. Katie dropped Gutierrez to the canvas, Which Serrano couldn't do. Katie battered Gutierrez you fool, go and actually watch the fight, cos you obviously never watched it yet. Katie beat Persoon twice Pal, Person won the last 2 rounds that was it. Persons boxing was diabolical, her fitness was immense but she wasn't hitting Katie cleanly the whole fight, until the last 2 rounds when Katie was out on her feet. I gave the first fight 7 rounds to 3 for Katie. I watched it back after all the Americans were crying Robbery. I changed my score, it was 8 rounds to 2 for Katie instead of 7 to 3. Katie been looking a little off her best recently. But her best will come out against Serrano. Her weakness is against lesser fighters, she tends to get into scraps. Amanda Serrano believes she is better than Katie. Therefore Serrano will try out box her. Katie gonna box the lugs off her.

Comment

Working...
          X