Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo vs. Beterbiev, Jake Paul's KO, Tank Davis, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo vs. Beterbiev, Jake Paul's KO, Tank Davis, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such unified light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev, Jake Paul, Canelo Alvarez vs. Beterbiev, Gervonta 'Tank' Davis, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Criminally underrated indeed. I wish more was written like the question and answer on Sonny Liston
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I wonder how Bernard Hopkins, in the form when he beat Pavlik and Tarver, would've done against Beterbiev.

I think Hopkins would be too slick, but anyway, just a hypothetical question and thinking of a fantasy boxing fight.

Comment

84inches is 7 feet not 8, still a great arm reach nonetheless.
        Jack_sh*t Jack_sh*t likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray Kelm View Post
          84inches is 7 feet not 8, still a great arm reach nonetheless.
          Exaggerated about the same as everything else to do with Liston, imo. Not saying he wasn’t good, he was but he was extremely slow both hands and feet.

same reach as Bryant Jennings, by the way..

Comment

Originally posted by wileyhemi View Post
            Criminally underrated indeed. I wish more was written like the question and answer on Sonny Liston
            Liston was the Tyson and foreman of his time, feared. People genuinely thought he was going to kill Cassius Clay in the ring the first fight. What he did to Patterson was fearsome. The real question of his career is what Liston would have done to Marciano had they fought, knowing Liston had over two stone and an 84 to 68 inch reach advantage

Comment

Stephen mailbags are the best.

Comment

Beterbiev is very economical, relentless and ..very talented. people underestimate his skills; he cuts the ring brilliantly and his constant pressure is draining. I think he stops Canelo late by boxing brilliantly the first half, like he did against Gvozdyk.
                Gamboal00 Gamboal00 BaguMka BaguMka like this.

Comment

Good read as always! And Woodley was KNOCKED out cold. That fl wasn't fake.

Also was the same ref. In Donaire/Inoue as Ward/Kovalov 2?? If so that suspect stuff he pulled not consistent at all and robbed Ward of a legit win...

Comment

Originally posted by wileyhemi View Post
                    Liston way before my time but what out of ring issues did he have??

Comment

Working...
                    X