Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: We'll Look To Reschedule Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury in Early 2022

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: We'll Look To Reschedule Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury in Early 2022

Frank Warren, promoter for undefeated light heavyweight prospect Tommy Fury (7-0, 4 KOs), will be looking to reschedule the fight with Jake Paul (5-0, 4 KOs) for early 2022.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That ship has sailed. I think Jake is onto bigger & better things.

Comment

Tommy should be scared of that fight. If he loses then his career is well and truly over.

I don't think he'll go near it.

Comment

What if he pulls out again? Jake is a novice, and before the ko it was a terrible fight with Woodley, but hey, he has some power in that right hand.

Comment

Jake Paul goes online saying he's taking time off from boxing to have a holiday .. Frank says oh we'll try and schedule a fight then ..

Comment

I'd like it still. Jake seems quite competent. I think to ko a professional fighter like that is great achievement even though it was UFC fighter. Pro fighters are always put on pedestals and non fighters are looked down upon. I think we know if you train smart that's main thing and of course with pro fights under belt you can get even better.
            But I'd pick fury to win but won't write jake off. And if fury loses, Tyson and hughie fury shouldn't disown tommy as Jake is quite good. But pro boxers should beat amateurs
            Last edited by hugh grant; 12-21-2021, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Tommy should just fight that dude Jordan Grant again coming off qn injury. Show you've improved then fight T wood beat him better then Jake did and call him out .

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                Tommy should be scared of that fight. If he loses then his career is well and truly over.

I don't think he'll go near it.
                Ive heard woodley got $1.5mil for the fight, if that was the same offered for fury then you take it on risk vs reward, tommy aint getting that kind of money from anywhere else and if he cant beat a youtuber then he was never gonna beat any real talented boxers therefore never get anything near that kind of payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  That ship has sailed. I think Jake is onto bigger & better things.
                  Move on. They aint serious

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 12-21-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post

Ive heard woodley got $1.5mil for the fight, if that was the same offered for fury then you take it on risk vs reward, tommy aint getting that kind of money from anywhere else and if he cant beat a youtuber then he was never gonna beat any real talented boxers therefore never get anything near that kind of payday.
                    True, but Tommy could still be developed and carefully brought along to the point where he can have a serious boxing career.

Boxing isn't all about ability. From his Love Island stint and his famous surname he'll get plenty of generous matchups and development opportunities. Warren could get him to 15-0, decent rankings, and lesser title opportunities without really taking a risk. Who knows what kind of fighter he'll be by then - he's crap now but with good matchmaking he could be developed into a decent boxer.

Fighting Jake would either end his boxing career for 1.5M or do nothing for his boxing career and give him 1.5M.

It's his career versus 1.5M. You'd only make the fight if you're certain of the win or if you're edging towards him not having the talent to progress in the sport (ie cashing out on your name before you've really started).

Comment

Working...
                    X