Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Says He was Blindsided By Reynoso's Cruiserweight Request

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Says He was Blindsided By Reynoso's Cruiserweight Request

Not even Canelo Alvarez apparently knew that a leap up to the cruiserweight ranks was in the cards for his career. On the heels of unifying the 168-pound division on Nov. 6 with a stoppage over Caleb Plant, Alvarez shocked the boxing world a few weeks later when his longtime trainer and manager Eddy Reynoso petitioned the WBC to allow his charge to fight for a title in the cruiserweight division. The WBC summarily approved the request, sending shockwaves throughout the industry.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Makes sense?

I would be pisssd

Comment

If anyone thinks Canelo was scouting this dude is an idiot.

Comment

Absolutely false. This was planned by Reynoso, the slug at the WBC, and schmanelo himself. This is called "the hype. " The ball swingers will go on rants about how it wasn't planned..lol. kinda like believing Daniel Ortega when he says they ran a clean election

Comment

Canelo said in an interview back then, that it was also Reynoso who pushed for the fight vs Kovalev.

Comment

Lol at this writing. And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to prop up these belts to be more than they are but still... Makabu's legitimate WBC world title is considered a 'trinket' yet Canelo won a 'world title' against the great champion Rocky Fielding...

Comment

Originally posted by â (Low- ) View Post
              Absolutely false. This was planned by Reynoso, the slug at the WBC, and schmanelo himself. This is called "the hype. " The ball swingers will go on rants about how it wasn't planned..lol. kinda like believing Daniel Ortega when he says they ran a clean election
              Your an idiot.

You're also the only one on a rant.

Comment

I'm guessing they'll change the weight after the makubu fight to benefit carnelo
                BDBoxing BDBoxing Mrbinuk Mofias like this.

Comment

This means he will fire Reynoso, who will he go to next? Robert Garcia? Maybe the mayweather gym?

Comment

What a pile of steaming nonsense. And again, Canelo does his shtick of either fighting dangerous, but past their prime opponents or the weakest champion. He should call himself Canelo "I'll fight elite fighters once they're are over 35" Alvarez. Let this sink in- he hasn't fought a single dangerous, elite level fighter who would be in their prime. They all were members of "over 35" club and show they are on the slide. Beterbiev is next. But to be sure Canelo will wait until Beterbiev is 37-38. It would be naive to think it's anything, but a carefully thought out plan. And it's not like Canelo himself is a B-level fighter. Plus the meat, let's not forget that.

Comment

Working...
                    X