Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker Would Like To See Chisora Retire, Chisora Plans To Fight Next Summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Parker Would Like To See Chisora Retire, Chisora Plans To Fight Next Summer

This past Saturday night in Manchester, heavyweight contender Derek Chisora once again lived up to his nickname as he went to war with former WBO world champion Joseph Parker.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I feel like he should stay outta the ring myself. But maybe he’ll pull off a Shannon Briggs thing.
    LETS GO CHAMP!!!!!

Comment

Meh. He’s been done since Haye glassed him.
      blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Derek Chisora before last weekend, had only ever been knocked down to the canvas by two of his opponents for a total of 3 times 'Twice by David Haye, and once by Dillian Whyte'.

And those knock-downs where 7 years apart.

Joseph Parker knocked down Chisora three times in one fight, I actually think? That Chisora's limit of durability has decreased 'Parker would have a extremely difficult time trying to hurt the Chisora who fought Vitali Kiltschko'. Chisora threshold of invulnerability has decreased 'Although, it is still really high in comparison to a lot of other heavyweights'.

But what carries Chisora through his recent fights, is his powers of recovery, attitude and overall gameness.

Derek Chisora must have powers of recovery, comparable to Tyson Fury. And the only other fighter who rivals Derek Chisora in terms of gameness, is Deontay Wilder.

When I analyse the fight, and think about Derek Chisora's preparation. I still think Chisora could of been in slightly better condition. If Chisora was still working with David Haye, I am 100% sure that his stamina and endurance would of been greater 'And most likely his punch technique would of been more refined'.

I am not stating he would of won, but the fight would of been a lot closer.

By the mid-point against Parker, Chisora's punches had become winging, baseball throwing type punches once again 'And yes he always applies pressure, but it is a zombie like repetitive pressure'. Chisora in my opinion, does not have to fight this way all the time 'He has to ability to learn how to throw a straight right hand, and use his jab more' plan his attacks, when the fight is starting to progress into the late stages.

For the type of fighter Derek Chisora is, and the type of style which he uses. Pressure fighting, blood force trauma 'A war of attrition'. If you are that type of fighter, you have to be that way every single day in training.

Tyson Fury can turn up out of condition and still win, Lennox Lewis was out of condition against Vitali Kiltschko and still won. And those type of fighters can still win, because they are not just about pressure, and their style gives them more tactical opportunities.

Derek Chisora most likely trains hard, and he is clearly dedicated to the sport. But fighters with his style, Rocky Marciano, Joe Frazier they need a different approach to training compared to some other fighters 'I actually believe that David Haye understood this, but Chisora most likely did not enjoy that type of intensity around the clock'.

I can still see big fights out there for Derek Chisora, against Wilder, Ruiz Junior, Helenius. And then some big domestic fights such as Babic and Allen.

And I would not rule out, Chisora winning some of these big fights 'Chisora has had a great career'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-20-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

One last fight and go out with a win.

So when his daughter goggles him again, the last fight memory won't be repeatedly walking to a corner like a beaten pup waiting for his final beating.

In those instances Parker might have been better off walking to the centre of the ring and calling Dereck out to fight.

That was not a good look and if it had been Parker they would have stopped the fight.

Comment

He’s had a decent career and has made decent money these last few fights. I wanna see him enjoy it and maybe do analyst work. He’s got a great personality, none of it made up, almost unaffected by his success and wealth and that makes him interesting for tv. When they’ve had him on he’s cool and not putting on airs which sooooooo many more boxers should copy.

Comment

I like Chisora, he's had a great career, but I'd like to see him retire too.

Comment

He should've called it after the Whyte knockout but he will continue to fight as long as the paydays are around.

Comment

Derek says he will be back in the summer and I'm guessing against David Haye.

Comment

Chisora - Hughie Fury or Arreola, please.

Comment

Working...
                    X