Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker Weighs 251, Chisora Comes In At 248 1/2 For Rematch Saturday Night In Manchester

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Parker Weighs 251, Chisora Comes In At 248 1/2 For Rematch Saturday Night In Manchester

Joseph Parker was significantly heavier Friday for his rematch with Dereck Chisora than he weighed for their first fight. Chisora took the opposite approach to their second meeting Saturday night at AO Arena in Manchester, England. He came in a little lighter than he was when he suffered a 12-round, split-decision defeat to Parker on May 1.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would generally say that’s too heavy for Parker, But now I’ve said that, he’s probably likely to look good

Just in previous fights I’ve always felt he looks a bit more sluggish when he weights high 240’s and now he’s in 250’s.

Who knows, maybe it’ll work for him, I just thought he was quicker and more fluid in the high 230’s or 240, Which serves his best attributes

Comment

My 1st thought was, damn Parker is coming in heavier than usual

Comment

It looks like Parker is going for the KO this time...

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          told you. heaviest he's ever weighed.
          denium denium likes this.

Comment

It is clear that Parker has come into this fight with a specific game plan, to meet force with force and overhaul Derek Chisora.

I have mentioned this before? Not many fighters have met force with force and tackled Derek Chisora head on and came out on top 'Totally canceling out the Chisora's force'.

Only two fighters have fought him this way 'Dillian Whyte & David Haye'.

Tyson Fury did not fight Derek Chisora head on in their rematch, but he did in the first fight and well was nearly beaten. I really only class Whyte & Haye as the two fighters who have meet force with force and totally cancelled out Chisora via knocked out.

Tyson Fury has never knocked out Derek Chisora, the first fight went 12 rounds and the second fight 'Chisora coached pulled him out'. That is why I don't quite put Fury's performances in the same bracket as Whyte's or Haye's.

So basically Parker has come into this fight, and he is going to make it a war of attrition 'Force vs Force'.

This is ether going to go well for him, or backfire. If Chisora conditioning and endurance is at its best, it may well backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

told you. heaviest he's ever weighed.
              It should be a good fight. Del Boy always brings the heat.
              billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

All I hope is Parker brings some spite into the ring.
                He's a nice guy and it almost shows in the way he fights.
                If the guy had some urgency, a bit of killer instinct I think it would serve him well. He's not the best HW in the world, maybe not even top 5 but he shouldn't be going life and death with the guys he does.

Like a ripoff of his friend Tyson Fury but for me he ought to be taking notes from Kronk Fury and spend less time trying to be 'cute' in there.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  I don't think he has the belief in himself to go for the early KO.

Comment

I have had Chisora since this was announced. He is due. Parker has looked horrid. Chisora by late KO

Comment

Working...
                    X