Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora Wants No Scores: I'm Going To Go For a Stoppage This Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chisora Wants No Scores: I'm Going To Go For a Stoppage This Time

Derek Chisora says he has relaxed when training for his rematch with Joseph Parker by attending strangers' weddings. Chisora, from London, has been based in Yorkshire for his training camp for the fight, working out at the gym of Dave Coldwell, his trainer, in Rotherham and staying at the Wortley Hall hotel on the edge of Sheffield.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He doesn't punch hard enough to crack Parker's iron jaw.

Parker UD for me.

Comment

Chisora at some point will revert back to old Chisora , I see a Parker win about the 10th round . If he doesn’t win he’s out of the top ten probably for good as better fighters are going to emerge next year .

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Parker UD for me.
        Chisora has more then enough power he knocked him down in round one then let up . Chisora is a very underrated puncher his raw style makes it more difficult to knockout guys because they see the shots coming .

What gives Parker the advantage is Chisora opted to go without McGirt it should make the fight easier for Parker and cost him the fight here ,which Parker may have won anyway in a second fight .

Comment

Parker UD for me.
          It is Chisora technique which sometimes lets him down, for such a big fighter 'If he could just turn all of his mass into his hooks, or straight punches he would bang quite a few heavyweights out' There are moments when he does execute sharp punches, but then he will always reverts back.

When Chisora was training under Haye, for the second Whyte fight 'His punch technique, was probably the best it has ever been in that fight'. But unfortunately, I have always thought he was over trained for that fight 'I don't think Whyte would of stopped him otherwise'.

Chisora technique is not the worst, but as the rounds go by? He reverts to a kind of slapping, winging, baseball throwing type punches. And they become less damaging as the rounds go by etc

Comment

Parker UD for me.
            Andy Lee is talking about going for a stoppage, & he isn't the type to BS either. been a huge fan of delboy but he is starting to have the glazed over look in his eyes that zombie Taylor had before he went berserk...

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

It is Chisora technique which sometimes lets him down, for such a big fighter 'If he could just turn all of his mass into his hooks, or straight punches he would bang quite a few heavyweights out' There are moments when he does execute sharp punches, but then he will always reverts back.

When Chisora was training under Haye, for the second Whyte fight 'His punch technique, was probably the best it has ever been in that fight'. But unfortunately, I have always thought he was over trained for that fight 'I don't think Whyte would of stopped him otherwise'.

Chisora technique is not the worst, but as the rounds go by? He reverts to a kind of slapping, winging, baseball throwing type punches. And they become less damaging as the rounds go by etc

You’ve made a hell of a point here. I remember being shocked by his technique in that 2nd fight.

Personally, I also think Chisora lacks the conditioning to get KOs, esp at the top level

greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Lol....baba just deh catch cruise, nice one

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

Andy Lee is talking about going for a stoppage, & he isn't the type to BS either. been a huge fan of delboy but he is starting to have the glazed over look in his eyes that zombie Taylor had before he went berserk...
                  I think he was just excited about his musical chairs tournament and he even had music from the D.J during it at his open work out .

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Great assessment. I was really impressed with Chisora that fight and thought he was outclassing Whyte throughout but the ref was absolute rubbish with how he handled things in the ring. I recall at least a few point deductions. I think Del Boy started pressing more and (coupled with potentially overtraining), got gassed and got caught.

Dereck has power but he can get crude with his technique. I don't see him beating Parker and that's a shame because I'd rather see a Chisora fight over a Parker fight any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                    X