Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Don't Know How Commey Fought Through 7th Round; Credit Corner For Knowing Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella: Don't Know How Commey Fought Through 7th Round; Credit Corner For Knowing Fighter

NEW YORK - Lou DiBella has always touted Richard Commey's courage. Even Commey's promoter was surprised, though, that the former IBF lightweight champion made it through a treacherous seventh round Saturday night at Madison Square Garden. Vasiliy Lomachenko knocked Commey to the canvas with a straight left hand in that round and went all out to knock out the determined underdog.
    [Click Here To Read More]

About that round. Commey showed a lot of heart in that round and for the rest of the fight but I hope fans weren't fooled by ESPN's coverage that portrayed Loma as a concerned sportsman about his health. He was taunting plain and simple. Just like in other fights when he imitates his opponents or acts like a matador. He never gets called on it. While other fighters are considered scum of the earth for doing the same.
    gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
      About that round. Commey showed a lot of heart in that round and for the rest of the fight but I hope fans weren't fooled by ESPN's coverage that portrayed Loma as a concerned sportsman about his health. He was taunting plain and simple. Just like in other fights when he imitates his opponents or acts like a matador. He never gets called on it. While other fighters are considered scum of the earth for doing the same.
      ——-
      Who was he taunting? Commey’s team? It clearly looked like he was urging Commey’s team to throw in the towel. Years ago Roy Jones did the same thing to the ref, concerned about his overmatched opponent.
      Skip to the 4:10 mark and watch Roy do the same thing Loma did

https://youtu.be/GEQ60Dda1e4
      Slowhand Slowhand Motofan Motofan like this.

Comment

overanalyzing this

Loma did whatever he wanted and that looked like one of his easiest fights he has had--

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
          ——-
          Who was he taunting? Commey’s team? It clearly looked like he was urging Commey’s team to throw in the towel. Years ago Roy Jones did the same thing to the ref, concerned about his overmatched opponent.
          Skip to the 4:10 mark and watch Roy do the same thing Loma did

https://youtu.be/GEQ60Dda1e4
          Nope. He was taunting. He had no real concern for Commey. Watch his fights. That's his thing. It's fine by me if everyone gets the same pass.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QI4x_D9aI8
          Last edited by pugil1st; 12-14-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Loma has said nothing but gracious things about Commey before and after the fight. The respect is obvious in this case.
            MrShakeAndBake MrShakeAndBake likes this.

Comment

Nope. He was taunting. He had no real concern for Commey. Watch his fights. That's his thing. It's fine by me if everyone gets the same pass.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QI4x_D9aI8
              ———-
              Every fight on the clip is a taunt. I do agree with you. However, in Commey’s case, Commey was clearly hurt.
              I don’t see it the way you do.

Also, I’m not really concerned with taunting other fighters in fights. We’ve seen many times from Naz shuffling his legs while backpedaling to Roy keeping his hands low to Floyd’s back-on-the-rope shoulder roll while laughing to Hopkins push-ups in-between rounds to Cotto’s hand raising after landing thudding shots on Margarito to what we see in Loma.

But I understand your distaste of that show off.

Comment

Tried to play victim and it backfired crybaby

Comment

Loma was in BEAST mode in his last two fights!
                  Kambo vs Loma - lets go!

Comment

Credit to Loma for not damaging the fighter, halfway through round 7 and the rounds after that.

Corner sucks!!! This could have been the either way, Commey taking too much damage.

Commey didn't win a single round before the knockdown. His legs were wobbly near the end of round 7. Did the corner really think Commey could have knock out Loma after being thoroughly outboxed on the first 6 rounds?

Comment

Working...
                    X