Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inoue-Dipaen, Mendez-Taniguchi Weigh-In Report From Tokyo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Inoue-Dipaen, Mendez-Taniguchi Weigh-In Report From Tokyo

Naoya Inoue is set for his homecoming, which comes right on time given current global circumstances. The unbeaten three-division titlist and pound-for-pound entrant will proceed with a voluntary defense of the unified WBA/IBF bantamweight crown versus Thailand's Aran Dipaen. The matchup is among the two title fights taking place Tuesday at the famed Kokugikan Arena in Tokyo, with WBO strawweight titlist Wilfredo 'Bimbito' Mendez set to defend versus locally based Masataka Taniguchi.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I know they just had a WBSS but when the hell are the three top bantamweights gonna fight each other

Comment

How many rounds will this last?

Comment

I know, champions should be fighting champions , not these cab drivers. This might be 1st round destruction , not only is this guy not as skilled I also think he’s smaller than Inoue

Comment

A pretty cool video of Naoya addressing various questions : he acknowledges that even the Japanese dont feel that Aran Dipaen is a worthy challenge, talks about it being a tune-up for a unification in 2022,; maybe a rematch with Nonito Donaire. Then he goes on to express interest in moving up to 122 and the physical challenge of fighting bigger opponents.
          DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

Some of you forget Japan has had strict Covid protocol since the beginning. It's not Inoue's fault everybody knows he will fight whoever he's already shown that, the big fights will happen in 2022 hopefully. You just have to be patient Donaire just fought and Casimero got a fight in as well before pulling out of his fight this past weekend because he couldn't make weight. It's better for him to stay sharp and get this guy out of the way instead of just sitting on the sidelines in pursuit of a unification early next year.

Comment

Working...
            X