Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards On Desired Unification Bout: Julio Cesar Martinez, I'm Coming!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards On Desired Unification Bout: Julio Cesar Martinez, I'm Coming!

Sunny Edwards is prepared to be his brother's keeper. A masterclass performance was turned in by the Croydon, London native in a twelve-round, unanimous decision win over Philippines' Jayson Mama. The fight marked the first defense of the IBF flyweight title claimed by Edwards, who inherited Mama (16-1, 9KOs) as a mandatory challenger.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The man has guts, no matter how I think he will do, he's not looking for old names, like some others. War Sunny.
    Last edited by Corelone; 12-13-2021, 11:47 AM.
    Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

I like that fight hopefully it gets made. Martinez is a little beast.

Comment

I'm sorry but Sunny Edwards has absolutely no chance against Martinez. He's gotta pillow fist his away and box for 12 entire rounds against a man that regularly drops everyone left and right. But hey that's why they gotta settle it in the ring so.. until then
        TreyShaw TreyShaw likes this.

Comment

This works for me too to dismantle that rat-faced little track star. Not that I particularly dislike the lad but he had EDWARDS(highlighted in gold) on his shorts in the Mama fight and then boxes a 12 round safety first fight as usual lol...

Comment

Edwards has a chance. He’s much better than his brother and super awkward to fight. He could stink the place out and get a decision. He’s more than capable and slippery enough to do it v Martinez who can be outboxed.

I’d pick Martinez but this isn’t a forgone conclusion like some think. Stylistically it’s a worse fight for Martinez than Edwards, who like I said, is a superior boxer to his brother. He’s better than people think, just not much power but power doesn’t always win fights, Especially when you are really good at fighting the way he does and not afraid of stinking the place out if necessary.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 12-13-2021, 02:04 PM.
            Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

200.gif

Comment

lmao.....im coming i expect martinez is soiling his shorts (NOT) he will dismantle the powder puff kid inside 8.....he will become known as the train robber basher then BUSTER edwards or 2 ......pmsl

Comment

Not sure why they always mention Reynoso as Martinez trainer I'm pretty sure he's just his manager and his trainer is Mauricio Aceves. With that being said I agree with what the poster said about Edwards potentially causing problems for Martinez with his movement and ugly style but I still see Martinez catching up to him and stopping him in the later rounds.

Comment

What are some other known fighters who have battered/knocked out a pair of brothers? Canelo comes to mind. Subriel Matias took out both Prescott brothers. I know there are many more surely but can't think of them.

Sunny probably will cause problems for the first half of the fight though until the pressure becomes too much and then Martinez will have the Edwards family scalps on his resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X