Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Conor Benn Viciously Knocks Out Chris Algieri in Fourth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Conor Benn Viciously Knocks Out Chris Algieri in Fourth

Benn, Algieri Fight Photos Gallery - Liverpool - In a crossroads welterweight clash, Conor Benn (20-0, 13 KOs) got the biggest win of his career with a brutal fourth round knockout of former world champion Chris Algieri (25-4, 9KOs). (photos by Mark Robinson)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Such a great KO. I was a bit disappointed in the ref, as he gave the full count, and it was obvious he was out, way before he hit the mat. Safety is paramount and every second can be vital. Thankfully Chris was ok. From KO to OK. The best sequence of those 2 letters for the sport of Boxing.

Comment

Nice win for Benn and on to bigger challenges

Comment

Called it. Rematchroom diet, slow shot past it old men.
        It's not a crossroads fight when your that old, it's a pension pot fight.
        Benn has improved greatly but let's not hype the win, he's 2 year's older than Quitter & Brooke (both shot) who might be next.
        tonysoprano tonysoprano likes this.

Comment

I guess he fights Broner or Brook -Khan winner next.

Avanesyan could be too dangerous.

Comment

Hearn keeps mentioning Broner, but tbh I don't think Broner accepts this fight so for me if they want a big name which I think Connor is likely to beat would be Mikey Garcia then I think he could get a title shot.
            Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

That was a great shot and highlight KO win for Benn.

Comment

Highlight reel KO for sure but i don't like seeing old, semi-retired fighters getting KO'd like that. On another day Algieri could have got hurt. It's cynical match-making and doesn't do anything for the sport.

Plus Benn giving it large after knocking out a part-time retired fighter didn't sit well with me. Let's see the little punk fight somebody that hits him back as so far he's been matched with feather-fists.
                baroidi baroidi Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Guess Algieri never got out of his cage…

Comment

They're going to keep feeding the Young Lion old Lions until Benn is ready for another Young Lion
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X