Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Obliterates Alessio Mastronunzio By First-Round Technical Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Obliterates Alessio Mastronunzio By First-Round Technical Knockout

NEW YORK - Xander Zayas made quick work of Alessio Mastronunzio on Saturday night. The hard-hitting, rising junior middleweight prospect pummeled the Italian veteran for almost an entire round before referee Danny Schiavone finally called a halt to a brutal beatdown on the Vasiliy Lomachenko-Richard Commey undercard at Madison Square Garden. Puerto Rico's Zayas dropped Mastronunzio barely 10 seconds into their scheduled six-rounder and viciously assaulted his game but overmatched opponent thereafter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Xander is a beast! If he can stay patient, determined, and continues with his learning he has some potential for sure! If he falls in to the wrong crowd then we might see a fall from Grace.

Comment

This young Boricua is a star in the making
      TreyShaw TreyShaw likes this.

Comment

Zayas is a future champ for sure.

Comment

Maybe when he stops fighting bums we can see how good he is. Top Rank will do another 15 bums before he maybe fights someone better.

Comment

This was no test for Xander zayas, a first round TKO was not what was required at this juncture in his career.
            There were better fighters which he could've faced in order to continue progressing in a productive manner.
            Xander is such a good fighter that he doesn't need to fed a diet of weak opposition on his way up the ladder.
            Bob Arum allow Xander to fight tougher opposition so that he can actually utilize his skill sets to the fullest.
            He needs to be challenged in order to learn new techniques, build on his stamina, and command of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
              This was no test for Xander zayas, a first round TKO was not what was required at this juncture in his career.
              There were better fighters which he could've faced in order to continue progressing in a productive manner.
              Xander is such a good fighter that he doesn't need to fed a diet of weak opposition on his way up the ladder.
              Bob Arum allow Xander to fight tougher opposition so that he can actually utilize his skill sets to the fullest.
              He needs to be challenged in order to learn new techniques, build on his stamina, and command of the ring.
              This is why I was so disappointed with the match up especially with him trying to become Prospect of the year. Oh well TopRank done a pretty good job Match making with him til now so I'll give them a pass . Hopefully next time he fights a veteran of 20 fights or so

Comment

I agree with you guys that this opponent really did nothing for Xander. Still I think he’s prospect of the year.

Im a fan for sure. I think he will be the next PR star which is good for boxing. I believe in him a lot more than I do Berlanga

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post

This is why I was so disappointed with the match up especially with him trying to become Prospect of the year. Oh well TopRank done a pretty good job Match making with him til now so I'll give them a pass . Hopefully next time he fights a veteran of 20 fights or so
                  Xander Zayas is so good that, they shouldn't be wasting his hard training on these types of no hope of winning opponents.
                  We don't want Xander getting lackadaisical because Top Rank is feeding him opponents that wont tst him to a certain degree.
                  Xander looked phenomenal, but his opponent didn't belong in the same ring with him, it was a pathetic match to say the least.
                  That was already his 12th fight he has to be tested now, with fighters who have at least 15 wins on their record or better.
                  He is that good, I'm not saying to rush him into a championship fight next year, but he's in a dangerous division, and needs to be
                  for a title fight in 2023.​​​​​​

Comment

Top Rank has to stop holding Xander Zayas', career back by matching him against opponents who don't challenge him to bring out his best.
                    There's been so much expectation in regards to this fighters career, that the opponents they've matched him against has been a total let down.
                    This guy's been ready for much better opposition than he's been facing since the begging of his young boxing career.
                    I'd like to see him have 6 to 8 fights against progressively challenging fighters of different styles, heights, and skill sets.
                    Only then can he become the dynamo/super star that everyone is expecting him to become in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                    X