Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor Boxes Past Firuza Sharipova For Unanimous Decisiion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor Boxes Past Firuza Sharipova For Unanimous Decisiion

Katie Taylor said she was ready for an April fight with Amanda Serrano at Madison Square Garden after retaining her she retained her undisputed world lightweight title with a unanimous points decision over Kazakhstan's Firuza Sharipova in Liverpool.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-11-2021, 05:14 PM.

Terrible fight terrible ref I have no problem with Taylor winning but what happened to her?

When she came out of the Olympics she actually had decent boxing now it's garbage just lunging in head first throwing a 1-2-1 and then holding. Ugly style not fan friendly at all and she never got warned for the numerous headbutts or holding yet the Kazakh was deducted a point.
    Casual Riot Casual Riot likes this.

Comment

Agreed, Taylor hasn’t looked as impressive in her last few fights as she did earlier in her pro career. No rolling out of combinations and leaving her chin in the air, as Andy Lee pointed out in commentary. She was starting her combinations from so far out of range, strange to see from Taylor

Comment

I think Taylor may have lost a bit because of her age. I would bet Serrano or McCaskill to beat her now.

Comment

Originally posted by ifc View Post
          I think Taylor may have lost a bit because of her age. I would bet Serrano or McCaskill to beat her now.
          She’s got exposed by persoon twice and they have fed her women near or over 40 for a reason and that’s to cash out against Serrano ( gets batteted) she’s been on the slide for years now and that’s a fact , it’s just that the top level standard is so damn poor …
          paulf paulf Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Taylor is an absolute hype job, and these UK fans have the audacity to label her the greatest women fighter lmao........
            paulf paulf Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Taylor was fighting someone whose last opponents were 0-0 and 0-1 and didn’t know how to throw power shots... and still absolutely struggled.

I support women’s boxing but as of today the state of it is an absolute joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ifc View Post
                She's damn lucky she fought McCaskill when McCaskill was 5-1 and had never faced a ranked opponent. McCaskill just quit her day job before her most recent fight.

Comment

I think losing those two hard fights to Persoon has taken a lot out of her. If Sharipova wasn't throwing like her arms were stuck in treacle, this could have been Taylor's 3rd defeat as the skill levels were about equal. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Taylor was fighting someone whose last opponents were 0-0 and 0-1 and didn’t know how to throw power shots... and still absolutely struggled.

I support women’s boxing but as of today the state of it is an absolute joke.
                    I think the mistake you and others are making is comparing it to men's boxing. It's just not as evolved but that doesn't mean it's a poor standard, the pool of fighters is just not as big so you are going to get more of those types of matches.

At the end of the day she beat a contemporary great in persoon where many people thought she lost the first fight, she ran it back. She also beat the best fighter in the division above her, and is now fighting one of the best fighters in women's boxing which she has been chasing for years.

I don't understand the hate, it just comes across as envy.

Comment

Working...
                    X