Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Butler-Joseph Agbeko WBO Interim Title Fight Pulled From Probellum Dubai Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul Butler-Joseph Agbeko WBO Interim Title Fight Pulled From Probellum Dubai Show

Paul Butler has gone from title challenger to interim title hopeful to non-participant all in the span of the last 24 hours. Plans to stage a WBO interim bantamweight title fight between Butler and late replacement Joseph Agbeko were thwarted at the eleventh hour, event promoter Probellum announced Saturday morning. The bout was due to take place as part of Saturday's show from Coca-Cola Arena in Dubai, with the winner was poised to receive a shot at WBO bantamweight titlist John Riel Casimero or even a straightaway upgrade to full champion status.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-11-2021, 01:33 PM.

My only question is, what exactly is AXS TV? Cable network? App? Does it count money?

On a side note, I remember signing up for AWE TV whenever they'd randomly have some foreign fight card on. Those were always fun but shabby production. The AWE TV commercial with the girl sparring was nice. I think it was a Fifty Cent's ex girlfriend. I digress...

Comment

Feeling sorry for Butler. Must be tough to accept the last-minute vanishing of such an important fight for him.
      Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        Feeling sorry for Butler. Must be tough to accept the last-minute vanishing of such an important fight for him.
        Could've taken the Agbeko fight for the interim belt but he ducked it.

If Casimero's medical records are a bunch of bull, Butler would'elve been elevated as the full champion. Butler just didn't want the work.

Raushee Warren would probably contend for the mandatory position by early next year against Moloney cos Butler and Agbeko would most likely be demoted after this.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

Could've taken the Agbeko fight for the interim belt but he ducked it.

If Casimero's medical records are a bunch of bull, Butler would'elve been elevated as the full champion. Butler just didn't want the work.

Raushee Warren would probably contend for the mandatory position by early next year against Moloney cos Butler and Agbeko would most likely be demoted after this.
          I don't know man, Butler had prepared specifically for Casimero, fighting Agbeko was never going to be the same. Perhaps he hopes to still fight Casimero in the future.
          Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

We still got Donnie Nietes on the card tho.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              My only question is, what exactly is AXS TV? Cable network? App? Does it count money?
              AXS is a basic cable network in the US. I'm watching the card on it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

I don't know man, Butler had prepared specifically for Casimero, fighting Agbeko was never going to be the same. Perhaps he hopes to still fight Casimero in the future.
                He can. But he has to get that position again. If he doesn't get demoted, he most likely go against Raushee Warren or Moloney. The problem with Butler is, he was never world class fighter. He got completely flatlined by Tete. Got drop several times and completely outboxed by Rodriguez.

The only reason he's getting the mando positions is because of malicious engineered schemes by his promoter/management. Earlier this year he was supposed to fight Agbeko for the mando position. But they managed to duck that fight and have a reserve bum ready to fight for the same position. And now, AGAIN he avoids to fight Agbeko.

This british bum is afraid of a 44 year old agbeko. TWICE NOW.

Comment

He can. But he has to get that position again. If he doesn't get demoted, he most likely go against Raushee Warren or Moloney. The problem with Butler is, he was never world class fighter. He got completely flatlined by Tete. Got drop several times and completely outboxed by Rodriguez.

The only reason he's getting the mando positions is because of malicious engineered schemes by his promoter/management. Earlier this year he was supposed to fight Agbeko for the mando position. But they managed to duck that fight and have a reserve bum ready to fight for the same position. And now, AGAIN he avoids to fight Agbeko.

Could it not simply be a case of high risk and low reward? I think that Butler, with all his limits, could have done something against Casimero, who's absolutely overrated if you ask me.

Comment

Interesting you mention Rau shee Warren. I remember he was ordered to defend his WBA belt against Jamie McDonnell. And somehow that was made to go away by his promoter and instead got his mandatory changed to Zhanat Zhakayinov instead. Bit of ducking by Warren there on that one. Interestingly though ZZ won. Oh how I laughed.
                    Last edited by Rodtang; 12-11-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X