Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Casimero (Gastritis) Withdraws From WBO TItle Defense In Dubai; Edwards-Mama Elevated To Main Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Casimero (Gastritis) Withdraws From WBO TItle Defense In Dubai; Edwards-Mama Elevated To Main Event

John Riel Casimero cannot see 2021 end soon enough. The three-division and (for now) reigning WBO bantamweight titlist has been forced to withdraw from his mandatory defense versus Paul Butler due to late-surfacing medical reason. Casimero reportedly suffered from gastritis, which left him unable to attend the official pre-fight weigh-in ahead of Saturday's show at Coca-Cola Arena in Dubai.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-10-2021, 10:16 AM.

Well that's a bummer. That's two fights of his (Donaire & Butler) that have fallen through for different reasons. Unrelated note, every time I see Casimero's name, I have flashbacks of those 12 rounds of terribleness between him and Rigo.

Comment

"Casimero was due to make $78,750—75 percent—as the defending titlist, though without the services of his main team including estranged manager Sean Gibbons and strength and conditioning coach Angel ‘Memo’ Heredia. BoxingScene.com has learned that Casimero was struggling to get down to the 118-pound limit, though it remains moot in light of his reported medical diagnosis."

Undisciplined! Senator Pacquiao, next time you see this kid, slap the **** out of him!
      DFM DFM Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Hard to decide what to make of this. Did casinero know he was going to miss weight (again), or maybe had been taking laxitives in an attempt to? Were these weight struggles related to not having Memo's 'assistsnfe"?
        Or maybe he genuinely picked up a stomach bug?!

Comment

Just in time, I was about to lay down some money on Butler for the upset.
          DFM DFM MinuteMaid5 MinuteMaid5 like this.

Comment

Sunny Edwards, faked a ankle injury a few weeks ago 'walking his dog'. Now Snnny replaces John Riel Casimero, who is also faking it trying to keep his WBO bantamweight championship ; this could cost Casimero the biggest purse of his life with potential unifications vs. Donaire and Inoue.

John Riel Casimero cursed both Inoue and Donaire, you get what you deserve!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
              Just in time, I was about to lay down some money on Butler for the upset.
              Man you were not gonna do a damn thing other than pick and bet the draw!
              Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

He was not able to make weight unfortunately. He should really stop goofying around.

Comment

Casimero was retching in his corner in between rounds during his "win" over Rigo. He should really consider moving up a division (or two).

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                    Casimero was retching in his corner in between rounds during his "win" over Rigo. He should really consider moving up a division (or two).
                    From what i've seen he does it to clear his airway. Pacquiao used to do the same thing lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X