Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trevor Bryan-Manuel Charr: Don King ($1,000,101) Wins Purse Bid For Rescheduled WBA Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trevor Bryan-Manuel Charr: Don King ($1,000,101) Wins Purse Bid For Rescheduled WBA Title Fight

Trevor Bryan and Mahmoud Charr are back in each other's crosshairs. Hall of Fame promoter Don King has once again claimed promotional rights to the oft-postponed WBA "World" heavyweight title fight through a purse bid hearing. Don King Productions--represented by veteran boxing personality Tony Gonzalez--was the lone bidder during Thursday's session in Miami, submitting an offer of $1,000,101.80 to be split evenly between Bryan and Charr.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-04-2022, 06:13 AM.

As undeserving as Charr is, I imagine he can't be happy about this news after the fiasco that occurred last time. King just needs to go away (and so does the WBA for creating this farce)....

Comment

Charr owed this shot then the winner is owed their title shot at Usyk/Joshua winner. So what about Oquendo? He is still owed too I think… lol

Comment

The thing is Bryan isn’t a bad fighter. I’ve seen him 4 times including wins over Rossy, Flores & Stiverne. All 3 were on the back 9 of their careers when Bryan beat them.

Comment

WBA title? I thought Usyk held that title. Oh...Kay.

Comment

Suddenly, Lucas Browne looks closer to being a titleholder once again...

Comment

Crazy to let him bid again, but WBA allow it because King has to pay that deposit. So fighters will get careers delayed and be screwed around but WBA cool with that because they get some cash for themselves.

Comment

Don is about to lose money on this one, then he’ll act like Bob and say you can’t sell out your own backyard to your family!

Comment

The WBA is next in line for the mandatory shots(IBF - Pulev, WBO - Usyk). The rematch of Usyk and Joshua will leave the winner with a bout against the Fury-Whyte winner. The WBA may mandate the fight after the undisputed unification, or allow a rematch to take place between the winner and loser of the unification, depending on the contracts. Bryan-Charr winner may have to wait until late 2022 or 2023 for their shot. Who knows how long Gold champion Robert Helenius might have to wait, or #1 mandatory(and former interim champion) Daniel Dubois. There's also Michael Hunter who fought an eliminator when he beat Mike Wilson. And we can't forget Fres Oquendo who is due a title shot or a monetary settlement. The process of different sanctioning bodies mandatories order was settled in a court case with champion Lennox Lewis. Each sanctioning organization goes in order with their turn. Unless Oquendo, Helenius, Hunter and Dubois fight each other they could wait for years for their situation to be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    Charr owed this shot then the winner is owed their title shot at Usyk/Joshua winner. So what about Oquendo? He is still owed too I think… lol
                    LOL, I was going to say the same thing, they owe Oquendo... I see a line forming.

Comment

Working...
                    X