Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Adames Wants To Face Jaime Munguia: I Want Him Next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carlos Adames Wants To Face Jaime Munguia: I Want Him Next!

After he outboxed world title challenger Sergiy Derevyanchenko (13-4, 10 KOs) in a WBC title elimination bout this past Sunday, Carlos Adames (21-1, 16 KOs) now has his sights set on conquering Jaime Munguia (38-0, 30 KOs), in a winner takes all to fight for the WBC world title against Jermall Charlo (32-0, 22 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Prior to this weekend's fight, Munguia had mentioned the possibility of going after the Derevyancenko-Adames winner in 2022."

I don't think that's exactly what Munguia said. He said he wanted to fight Dervy or GGG! He didn't say anything about wanting to fight Adames! I'm still puzzled as to why the WBO would order Andrade vs. #2 Zhanibek Alimkhanuly, vice Andrade vs. #1 Munguia???

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      "Prior to this weekend's fight, Munguia had mentioned the possibility of going after the Derevyancenko-Adames winner in 2022."

I don't think that's exactly what Munguia said. He said he wanted to fight Dervy or GGG! He didn't say anything about wanting to fight Adames! I'm still puzzled as to why the WBO would order Andrade vs. #2 Zhanibek Alimkhanuly, vice Andrade vs. #1 Munguia???
      WBO blocking big fights in one of the most obscure divisions in boxing right now.

Comment

Because Munguia turned down the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Because Munguia turned down the fight
          Why does he remain in the #1 spot?

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTouchee View Post

WBO blocking big fights in one of the most obscure divisions in boxing right now.
            They're not "blocking" but they're not making sense? They order Crawford to fight #2 Porter instead of #1 Vergil Ortiz Jr.! Then they order Andrade to fight #2 Alimkhanuly instead of #1 Munguia! Porter and Alimkhanuly are significantly less paydays for the Champions than Ortiz Jr. and Munguia! Then they leave Ortiz Jr. and Munguia as #1?

Comment

They're not "blocking" but they're not making sense? They order Crawford to fight #2 Porter instead of #1 Vergil Ortiz Jr.! Then they order Andrade to fight #2 Alimkhanuly instead of #1 Munguia! Porter and Alimkhanuly are significantly less paydays for the Champions than Ortiz Jr. and Munguia! Then they leave Ortiz Jr. and Munguia as #1?
              I only said blocking because Andrade Petition the WBC to order Charlo vs Andrade and like 48 hours WBO ordered Janibek whos good but unknown challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTouchee View Post

I only said blocking because Andrade Petition the WBC to order Charlo vs Andrade and like 48 hours WBO ordered Janibek whos good but unknown challenger.
                Andrade is a dummy! He should petition Eddie Hearn to get him his STABLEMATE Gennady Golovkin! GGG needs a dance partner because Japan is on lockdown! If he wants Charlo that bad, he should drop that WBO strap, and ask the WBC for the Adames eliminator instead of Munguia! Even that's stupid, but it makes more sense than the WBC ordering the WBO Champ to fight the WBC Champ!
                Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-09-2021, 10:03 AM.
                SimpleTouchee SimpleTouchee likes this.

Comment

Just because Ortiz is now #1 doesn't mean he was at the time of negotiating the porter fight, he didn't get #1 until after the mean machine fight and the WBO were trying to force the purse as early as the 1st September so they'd clearly been negotiating for a while at that point...

As for Munguia his ass is clearly nipping as far as Andrade is concerned he could of got the shot as soon as he moved up seems he prefers to go the Charlo route...
                  Last edited by Boro; 12-09-2021, 11:03 AM. Reason: Root instead of route LOL

Comment

Andrade is a dummy! He should petition Eddie Hearn to get him his STABLEMATE Gennady Golovkin! GGG needs a dance partner because Japan is on lockdown! If he wants Charlo that bad, he should drop that WBO strap, and ask the WBC for the Adames eliminator instead of Munguia! Even that's stupid, but it makes more sense than the WBC ordering the WBO Champ to fight the WBC Champ!
                    It's being reported in Japan that the Golovkin-Murata fight is being rescheduled for March.

Comment

Working...
                    X