Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Petros Ananyan-Subriel Matias Rematch Finalized For January 22 on Russell-Magsayo Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Petros Ananyan-Subriel Matias Rematch Finalized For January 22 on Russell-Magsayo Card

Subriel Matias has revenge on his mind ahead of his first major title fight. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that terms have been reached for a junior welterweight clash between Puerto Rico's Matias and Petros Ananyan, an Armenian contender based out of Brooklyn, New York. The fight will serve as part of a January 22 Showtime card from a location to be determined, headlined by long-reigning WBC featherweight titlist Gary Russell Jr. (31-1. 18KOs) in a title defense versus mandatory challenger Mark Magsayo (23-0, 16KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like it for Matias, go back and Avenge that L

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Me too Matias didn’t look right straight after the Dadashev incident. Should be another barn burner.

Comment

This fight will play out very differently compared to their first meeting. Matias wasn’t there mentally during the first fight since he had just fought Dadashev not long before that. Matias will avenge his loss and batter Ananyan into a TKO submission.
        TreyShaw TreyShaw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
          This fight will play out very differently compared to their first meeting. Matias wasn’t there mentally during the first fight since he had just fought Dadashev not long before that. Matias will avenge his loss and batter Ananyan into a TKO submission.
          I agree

Matias is on a brutal mission to the top of the 140lb division.

Comment

I saw photos of Pedros Ananyan's face after his fight with Subriel Matias. It was scary. His face was all swollen. He was lumped up pretty good. Even though he was victorious in the first fight, I don't think he can take another beating like that and win. I'm picking Subriel Matias to KO Ananyan this time out.

Comment

"Matias is still awaiting word on a final eliminator with Jeremias Ponce (29-0, 19KOs), who scored a tenth-round stoppage of Lewis Ritson in their semifinal eliminator on June 12 in Newcastle, England.

Both have agreed to accept interim bouts while waiting on firm plans either for a final eliminator or for an eventual vacant title fight. The latter would come into play should Taylor (18-0, 13KOs) opt to move up to welterweight following his February 26 title defense versus WBO mandatory challenger Jack Catterall."

I'm not digging the delay! What happens if Taylor does NOT move up? Should've ordered the final eliminator then waited to see what Taylor does! Should've ordered Abdukakhorov vs. Ennis too!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Man I was hoping that Matias would get the opportunity to correct that controversial loss on his record.
                I saw Matias win that competitive, even though he got rocked a few times because he won the majority of the rounds.
                He also rocked Ananyan a few times as well, I just hope that Matias doesn't throw caution to the wind.
                His disregard for the defensive aspect of his fighting style is his achilles heel in battle.
                That said I'm looking forward to watching Matias not only win, but to knockout Ananyan in their rematch.
                Then it's onto an eliminator, or a vacant title fight against Jeremias Ponce, which will depend on whether Josh Taylor
                remains at 140, or decides to move up to 147.
                So it's 2, fight or 3, in order for Matias to possibly become champion at super light weight.
                Irregardless how it plays out I see Subriel Matias becoming champion, and an exciting champion at that.
                sicko sicko likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post

I agree

Matias is on a brutal mission to the top of the 140lb division.
                  I agree 100%, with VashDBasher, this fight will play out very differently compared to their first fight.
                  I also agree 100%, with TreyShaw, that Subriel Matias is on a brutal mission to the top of the 140 lb division.
                  It's a matter of 2-3, fight's in order to accomplish that particular goal, but he must not fore sake his defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X