Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murat Gassiev Suffers Arm Injury, Withdraws From Rudenko Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murat Gassiev Suffers Arm Injury, Withdraws From Rudenko Fight

Former unified cruiserweight champion Murat Gassiev has been forced to withdraw from a scheduled fight with Ukrainian contender Andrei Rudenko. The fight was scheduled when it was revealed that Gassiev suffered a broken arm in training camp.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That really sucks - wanted to see this fight, i hope Murat recovers soon

Comment

A broken arm in sparring? How does that happen?

Comment

I hope he recovers soon.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Gassiev career injuries are really halting his progress . He’s spent more time out then in the ring at heavyweight . I guess that rules him out of any Hrgovic title elimination talks .
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post
            Maybe taking a 3 year layoff at 24 years old killing your prime time and moving up in weight did that.
            It is a pity he dropped boxing due mental loss after losing belts to Usyk. Maybe politics was also involved. He just had to stay busy even if it is beating tomato cans.
            Boxing-1013 Boxing-1013 likes this.

Comment

It is time for Gassiev to retire. I have lost count of the amount of injuries he has suffered the last few years. Reminds me a bit of how Andre Ward kept having some sort of injury to his shoulder or knee or whatever. Eventually the body just goes and it seems like that is what is happening with Gassiev.

Comment

Rudenko was a decent opponent so it is a shame he got hurt again. He reminds me of David Haye. Haye was the same when he moved up to HW. He couldn’t get thru a training camp without tweaking something. Great talent but the body is failing him much like Haye’s body. The injuries & rehab take their toll on the body & mind. He is only 28 but the list of injuries is adding up. Eventually it will catch up to him.
                Last edited by joe strong; 12-08-2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Dman but he's 27 and heavyweights have a longer than usual career life, he's got plenty of time to get healthy then get fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post
                    It probably doesn't. Maybe tickets just weren't selling well for this event. Remember how many times they delayed Lopez vs Kambosos and it still didn't sell many tickets a year later? Remember how many false starts they had with Canelo vs Plant, and Canelo "moved on" to Bivol, but then back to Plant, which ended up making it a bigger event? Remember Cotto vs Kirkland was supposed to happen but no one was buying Cotto tickets after he lost to Canelo, and it got canceled completely but they gave some other reason? Remember it seems like every boxer alive testing positive for covid at some point while meanwhile in your real life you know maybe 1 out of 1,000 people who had a positive test come back?

What is in the news is not necessarily what actually happens in real life, and that includes boxingscene "news." In fact, it may be much more often that it is not what actually happens in real life than it is.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X