Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Williams Parts Ways With Ingle Ahead of Chris Eubank Jr. Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Williams Parts Ways With Ingle Ahead of Chris Eubank Jr. Clash

Middleweight contender Liam Williams has apparently parted ways with his trainer of the last three years, Dominic Ingle. Williams was scheduled to face domestic rival Chris Eubank Jr. this coming Saturday night, but he withdrew with an injury and the contest was rescheduled to January 29.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good lower top ten level matchup.

Comment

Not ideal preparation changing trainer 7-8 weeks before a fight. In saying that, I never thought Williams was an Ingle type fighter. Mark Tibbs would be a good fit IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Not ideal preparation changing trainer 7-8 weeks before a fight. In saying that, I never thought Williams was an Ingle type fighter. Mark Tibbs would be a good fit IMO.
        As long as the new trainer isn’t Tunde Ayaji or Jim McDonnell then Williams should be ok

Comment

Ha ha ha haaaa! Casual Riot, it is Tunde Ajayi you idiot!
          Last edited by Floyd Honeybuns; 12-08-2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Why do you thin Tibbs would be a good fit? Conversely I don't think roids jones is a good trainer.

Comment

Yeah same, I never had him down as an Ingle fighter

I agree, Tibbs would be a good fit I think. I could see him going there.

Maybe he might go with someone like Jamie Moore too, even though I don’t really know how much I rate him. A lot of fighters seem to really enjoy working with him and enjoying being at his gym and whatnot, but I don’t recall him having any great success except the female boxer Cameron.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Yeah same, I never had him down as an Ingle fighter

I agree, Tibbs would be a good fit I think. I could see him going there.

Maybe he might go with someone like Jamie Moore too, even though I don’t really know how much I rate him. A lot of fighters seem to really enjoy working with him and enjoying being at his gym and whatnot, but I don’t recall him having any great success except the female boxer Cameron.
                Moore’s a good fit too, Williams is an offence first fighter, he needs a fighter who’ll focus on that whilst also trying to tighten him up technically.

Comment

Originally posted by sallyField View Post

Why do you thin Tibbs would be a good fit? Conversely I don't think roids jones is a good trainer.
                  Agreed. Jnrs looked lacklustre in his fights with roy in his corner, and thats against very lower tier opposition. Roys tryng to make him into a boxer, rather then let him be a high work rate aggressive boxer that can bring it for 12. Jnr holding back and trying to box behind the jab hasnt worked well for him against that level of opposition, what will happen when he gets in with someone real, i think Liam Williams will be a entertaining competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post

Agreed. Jnrs looked lacklustre in his fights with roy in his corner, and thats against very lower tier opposition. Roys tryng to make him into a boxer, rather then let him be a high work rate aggressive boxer that can bring it for 12. Jnr holding back and trying to box behind the jab hasnt worked well for him against that level of opposition, what will happen when he gets in with someone real, i think Liam Williams will be a entertaining competitive fight.
                    its too bad it was postponed from this weekend to january 29th. also gassiev and tomy fury injured and fights cancelled and I would of liked to see rolly romero vs tank last week. at least Loma is fighting but iwont bother to watch the richie commey fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X