Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell To Face Mark Magsayo In Showtime Main Event January 22; Site TBD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell To Face Mark Magsayo In Showtime Main Event January 22; Site TBD

Gary Russell Jr. will end the longest layoff of his career January 22. BoxingScene.com has learned that Russell will make a mandated defense of his WBC featherweight title against Mark Magsayo that night in a "Showtime Championship Boxing" main event. The site for their 12-round, 126-pound championship bout hadn't been determined as of Tuesday afternoon.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ceja is a full former WBC Super Bantamweight Champion. He was promoted from interim status on November 1, 2015 and held it until Hugo Ruiz beat him for it in February 2016.

But of course, we can't expect Boxing Scene editors to be able to look things up on BoxRec, Wikipedia, or the WBC's website. That'd be too much work.

Comment

How tf is this guy allowed to be a champion with only one fight per year?

Comment

Meh. I see GRJ thoroughly outboxing Magsayo in this one. Doesn't really move the needle for me.

Comment

The Groundhog emerges for his payday

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
            How tf is this guy allowed to be a champion with only one fight per year?
            It's completely B.S but it's because the few times he fights, it's actually against his mandatories, as long as you do that, you can get away with it, WBC can't do sh** about it. Only can get stripped when you don't fight your Mando's.

Comment

I remember when a whiteboy beat this bum into irrelevancy.
              PeepeePoopooMan PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                I remember when a whiteboy beat this bum into irrelevancy.
                He has not lost since

Comment

N I remember when a Latin exposed that same whiteboy…… twice. Will be three times if Shakur gets a shot @ pigeon-clown boy

Comment

all the talking he does about Tank and Haney, why not just drop this 126 Belt and start to move up to 130-135? this fight does NOTHING for him

he can get a shot at Valdez or Haney immediately because he is Champion at 126 so Gary is hold Gary Back, he will likely get another $1 Million for this fight and he will go train his brothers for another 2 years it is a shame Prime Years been wasted away

Comment

Working...
                    X