Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney: When I Fight For Undisputed, I Don't Even Want The WBC "Franchise" Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haney: When I Fight For Undisputed, I Don't Even Want The WBC "Franchise" Title

LAS VEGAS - Devin Haney has never been a fan of the "WBC" Franchise title. The reigning WBC World lightweight titlist could not have been any clearer in his stance on the subject following his recent twelve-round, unanimous decision win over Joseph 'JoJo' Diaz, when discussion turned to his pursuit of the undisputed championship. That path leads to George Kambosos (20-0, 10KOs), who recently acquired the WBA "Super"/IBF/WBO belts and designation lineal lightweight king following his November 27 split decision win over Teofimo Lopez (16-1, 12KOs), just one week prior to Haney's fourth successful title defense.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Smash Smash 1hourRun 1hourRun like this.

Loma should never have been allowed to pass that bs title on. Ditto Lopez.
    BIt it's a sanctioning fee for WBC isn't it?
    mgame mgame Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Can't blame him on that topic. WBC= world boxing corruption. tainted meat and tea
      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

I hope Kambosos will fight Haney in 2022, and he should, if they provide him with the fight in Australia. Haney and Hearn said it's all good to fight in Australia.
        clmags12 clmags12 Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Yeah, that's Lopez said too. We'll see . . .

Comment

Thats the WBC version of the super title like the WBA. People really need to get over it. Devin is only the WBC "regular" champion.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              Thats the WBC version of the super title like the WBA. People really need to get over it. Devin is only the WBC "regular" champion.
              Who's the Franchise champion at 147-154-160-168-175?
              mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                That's not true though. It's not available to all fighters in all divisions. Not part of undisputed. Haneys belt is. That's the one that can be won in all divisions.
                mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

It's looking like Haney vs. Kambosos for all the marbles! WBA could pump the brakes on that if they want to! It would suck for Kambosos because Hearn and Haney are willing to go to Australia! I highly doubt Floyd would allow Tank to do that, and force a purse bid, and probably win!

Comment

Originally posted by A_State501 View Post

Who's the Franchise champion at 147-154-160-168-175?
                    Exactly. It's not available to all fighters in all divisions. Exactly the point I've been making.
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X