Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: I Thought Gervonta Davis Lost, Calls Me A Clown But He Had A Clown Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: I Thought Gervonta Davis Lost, Calls Me A Clown But He Had A Clown Performance

Showtime's next pay-per-view headliner was not impressed with the performance turned in by his predecessor. The back-and-forth through interviews and social media between Gervonta 'Tank' Davis and Jake Paul continued through the most recent Showtime-branded event. Baltimore's Davis headlined a Sunday evening PPV card, edging Mexico's Isaac 'Pitbull' Cruz (22-2-1, 15KOs) over twelve competitive rounds at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Judges Carla Caiz (115-113), Max De Luca (115-113) and Zachary Young (116-112) all scored in favor of Davis, in line with how most observers saw the lightweight bout play out.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nothing but truth.

Comment

This is not boxing news
      mgame mgame Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

That's how most observers scored it? So Donavan has access to the observers' scorecards?

Accurate Scorecard:
        1. Cruz came on strong like a bull and won this round. He caught Davis by surprised, forcing Davis to the ropes
        2. Cruz won this round too, (despite some seeming to give this to Davis) because Davis was still taking shots to the body, with overhands to the head. Davis' shots were missing or blocked for the most part
        3. Davis gets this round
        4. Cruz takes back the fourth round
        5. Davis finally stops Cruz's forward rush, landing some hard shots this round
        6. Davis' round again
        7. Davis gets this round too, with some hard shots, although I believe several were blocked that the announcers were crediting Cruz
        8. SWING ROUND: I gave this round to Cruz because he landed the cleaner punches. A lot of Davis' were blocked
        9. Davis takes back the momentum
        10. Cruz!
        11. Cruz!!
        12. Cruz!!!
        There is NO WAY you can give any of the last three rounds to Davis.

So what's that score total?

113-115 CRUZ!

Comment

I had Davis winning 7 to 4 with one round even. Cruz put up a hell of a fight but just didn't do enough to beat the champ. i truly believe that if Tank didn't have that injured hand Cruz would've gotten stopped in the 8th or 9th round because it started getting tagged big time. Its boxing

Comment

Well, it was a close one. Some had it 7 rounds to 5 for Davis, some had it that way for Cruz or a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
              That's how most observers scored it? So Donavan has access to the observers' scorecards?

Accurate Scorecard:
              1. Cruz came on strong like a bull and won this round. He caught Davis by surprised, forcing Davis to the ropes
              2. Cruz won this round too, (despite some seeming to give this to Davis) because Davis was still taking shots to the body, with overhands to the head. Davis' shots were missing or blocked for the most part
              3. Davis gets this round
              4. Cruz takes back the fourth round
              5. Davis finally stops Cruz's forward rush, landing some hard shots this round
              6. Davis' round again
              7. Davis gets this round too, with some hard shots, although I believe several were blocked that the announcers were crediting Cruz
              8. SWING ROUND: I gave this round to Cruz because he landed the cleaner punches. A lot of Davis' were blocked
              9. Davis takes back the momentum
              10. Cruz!
              11. Cruz!!
              12. Cruz!!!
              There is NO WAY you can give any of the last three rounds to Davis.

So what's that score total?

113-115 CRUZ!
              so there was no way to give Davis the 12th round when Cruz landed 6 of 37 punches to Davis landing 13 of 39?

mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I was hoping for a Cruz victory, but Davis won it fair and square. No controversy here. Cruz was competitive at times, but he wasn't busy enough to take it from the champion. Cruz had moments, but Davis appeared to land the cleaner shots more frequently. I was hoping Davis would trade a little more, but seems like he adopted the Mayweather bicycle, maybe that's the controversy here.

Comment

wut, I thought davis-cruz was coming up this weekend. they did another sunday PPV? the fuk. I would have streamed it

Comment

Working...
                  X