Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Adames Ready To Compete in Big Fights at 154 or 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carlos Adames Ready To Compete in Big Fights at 154 or 160

Staples Center, Los Angeles - In a thrilling back and forth, Carlos Adames (21-1, 16 KOs) overcame a stiff challenge from former world title challenger Sergiy Derevyanchenko (13-4, 10 KOs) to win a 10-round majority decision in their WBC middleweight world title eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Based on the strength of that showing I would agree he is due a title fight with Charlo
    sicko sicko ✔ (Low- ) ✔ (Low- ) like this.

Comment

He's never going to get it.

Unless he becomes a mandatory, nobody at those divisions are going to give him a chance or bother win him.

154 Charlo still has a unification to cement and that's not happening with Adames.

160 is in pieces. Charlo can't get unification bouts. GGG isn't fighting till next year. Murata is supposed to fight GGG and won't happen till next year. Andrade is focused on shouting names not fighting prospects.

He's going to wait forever until a boxing org makes him a mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Based on the strength of that showing I would agree he is due a title fight with Charlo
        Munguia will probably go another route anyway! Adames doesn't have the name that Dervy has/had! This would be a good fight for Chris Eubank Jr., but not for Charlo! Charlo needs Munguia or Benavidez! Even Eubank Jr. in the UK would be better than Adames in TX!
        Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-06-2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Adames vs Munguia for the shot at Charlo

Great fight stylistically, no way Adames makes 154 again that guy looked HUGE even at 160

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            He's never going to get it.

Unless he becomes a mandatory, nobody at those divisions are going to give him a chance or bother win him.

154 Charlo still has a unification to cement and that's not happening with Adames.

160 is in pieces. Charlo can't get unification bouts. GGG isn't fighting till next year. Murata is supposed to fight GGG and won't happen till next year. Andrade is focused on shouting names not fighting prospects.

He's going to wait forever until a boxing org makes him a mandatory.
            Luckily for Adames he just won an eliminator where the winner will be ordered to fight Munguia. If Munguia passes then most likely Adames will become mandatory.

Comment

Adames easy beat Mungia make it happen ! Good fight!

Comment

dude was lucky the fight was only a 10 rounder, don't know why, the other eliminator was a 12 rounder. he was gassed badly at the end a ready to go

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Luckily for Adames he just won an eliminator where the winner will be ordered to fight Munguia. If Munguia passes then most likely Adames will become mandatory.
                  very lucky then. has a shorter route to the top than I thought then.

cause these guys, these days, aren't really trying to fight anyone with a low reward, mid-high risk ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    dude was lucky the fight was only a 10 rounder, don't know why, the other eliminator was a 12 rounder. he was gassed badly at the end a ready to go
                    I hate to agree with you because I like Adames. But you are correct and I don't know if it's his conditioning or his stamina that just sucks. I am a big believer that the only reason he went down in the Texiera fight was cause he was gassed. It was a combination of punching himself out and stamina. It had nothing to do with his chin.
                    If he can somehow improve his stamina then he can and will be a problem for anybody. But that's a big if.

Comment

Working...
                    X